Just getting started is hard!

:noway:

Replies

• ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    It is hard but remember why you're doing this. Push yourself but don't be too hard on yourself when you struggle; I know I expected to be able to just jump back into my old routines only to be EXHAUSTED 20 minutes in.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Getting started is really hard! But once you do it, you will get on a roll. Check out all the success stories on here. Its a great motivation. Good Luck
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Yes, it is. But, each day it gets easier. Just remember why you are doing what you are doing! :smile:
  • EmDrake13
    EmDrake13 Posts: 27 Member
    I remember that feeling. It gets easier. I get so excited when I'm on my way to the gym now. Who knew?
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Getting started is the hardest part. But if you actually did get started and followed through the last time you started, where would you be today?

That's what really got me into a routine this time around. I'd said, "no really, this time I'm actually going to do it, go to the gym, eat right, the whole nine yards" several times over the course of two or three years. If I had actually started and stuck with it that three years ago, I'd be three years ahead in my progress! Don't look back on this moment a year from now and wish you had a whole year of progress under your (newly tightened) belt.
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Just take it a day at a time! Remember, you can't re-do yesterday and you can only control today!
  • As my old mum used to say

'nothing worth having ever comes easy'

i'm a newbie too and it is hard, but you've made the first massive step to a new you and that's what you have to keep in focus.... wishing you a good MFP journey :happy: