Dressings for Salads

Options
I use that Paul Neuman Light Balsamic but I noticed the sodium!! Is there anything out there that has been used that has low sodium also? I do good on the calories but the sodium. Sheech!!

Replies

• treshaswickey
    Options
    I use red wine vinegar and olive oil. heat it up on the stove and pour over... yummy and practically NOTHING in it
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to make it yourself, I have found that the ones with the lowest sodium are in the refrigerated section by the health food at my store.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I love just two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar - a little goes a long way!
  • evansfarber
    evansfarber Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Natural rice vinegar with some dried herbs mixed in is nice. Sometimes I add a little spicy mustard to give it some flavor.
  • maxmariesfo
    maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Simple vinegars and oils. There are so many, each with a variety of flavors. Balsamic, Apple Cider, Rice, Grape Seed, Sunflower, Olive. For light herbal salads I love fresh lemon squeezed on.
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I mix half a tablespoon of olive oil and two tablespoons of vinegar (I vary which kind), a grind of pepper and either a little crushed garlic or english mustard. Tasty and fairly low cal.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Balsamic vinegar.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I might be weird, but I usually use mustard or lime or lemon. ???? I really like it though! :happy:
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I use Newman's Own Light Caesar, I just noticed it had 420 mg of sodium per 2 tablespoon serving. Yeah, it is a bit high, but got to have something replace the oil. I use Newman's because it has all natural ingredients, not so in some of the other salad dressings. Also, 70 calories per serving, which isn't too bad.
  • iamnoangel
    Options
    The only way to get away from the sodium in bottled dressings is to make your own, lots of different variations for oil and vinegar, and really takes no time at all. I used extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar