Cardio Kickboxing

Options
Anyone do a cardio kickboxing class on a regular basis? I'm just wondering what kind of results you've had from it. I took a class at Lifetime Fitness on Saturday and Sunday morning my whole body hurt...a good hurt though. I'm thinking this will be a class I do 2-3x a week.

Anyone go to LTF or recommend any other kind of classes that give great results? I also like spin so I'll be doing that as well.

Replies

• thunt0975
    Options
    At my gym they call it turbokick but at LA Fitness near me, it is referenced as cardio kickboxing. I have been going to a class pretty regular 2 times a week since August 2011. It is the best class for me and I have lost 56lbs since August. I did change my eating habits and also try to get in other cardio/weight training during the week. Good luck!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I go to LTF too and every time I've taken cardio kickboxing I'm sore for days!! I like that class and the Strike class they have. I'm not a big Zumba person, but I took it once at LTF and it was a really good workout.

Have you tried the core class yet? It's only 30 minutes, but SO hard!
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    I go to LTF too and every time I've taken cardio kickboxing I'm sore for days!! I like that class and the Strike class they have. I'm not a big Zumba person, but I took it once at LTF and it was a really good workout.

Have you tried the core class yet? It's only 30 minutes, but SO hard!

I want to take the strike class but haven't had a chance yet. I just joined LTF so I'm trying to fit everything in. Lol! Before LTF I was a member of the YMCA and Gold's. I've done Zumba before and really liked it for the most part. Sometimes it depends on the instructor. I should take the core class because I really need to work on my stomach area. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks I can try all the classes at least once.
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    At my gym they call it turbokick but at LA Fitness near me, it is referenced as cardio kickboxing. I have been going to a class pretty regular 2 times a week since August 2011. It is the best class for me and I have lost 56lbs since August. I did change my eating habits and also try to get in other cardio/weight training during the week. Good luck!

Wow! Congrats on your weight loss success. You have lost a lot of weight since Aug. Its taken me 2 yrs and I've only lost 40 lbs. I've taken a turbo kick class a few times but I don't like it. Its too dance like for me. This cardio kickboxing is more of just kicking, punching, etc. I guess maybe its that I'm more coordinated for this type of class than turbo kick. Lol! Well I guess I'll have try and do this class 2x a week for sure and hopefully I'll have as much success as you.
  • Jasmerize
    Jasmerize Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I have been doing cardio kickboxing for 5 months now. I attend 2 kick boxing classes per week at my gym and i put 100% effort in the workout. After each class I am drenched in sweat, and I feel very accomplished and good!

I weigh myself in the first week of every month and i also have been logging the measurements. However, the numbers have not changed. Though I feel a lil toned. But its still is disappointing. So, I have stopped eating Potatoes (supplemented with Sweet Potatoes) and I have switched to Brown Rice too. I have been making healthy choices of food and stayed away from desserts or candies.

Why am I not seeing the weight loss?? What is it that i need to do to bring down my weight and my bodily measurements? Please advise.

P.S. - I have a sedentary job.

Thanks!