Fell off the wagon, need motivation to get back on track

Options
I have lost 40 lbs in the last year and was contempt with it. I see myself becoming lazier and just not motivated. I recently signed up for the Mud Run here in Dallas but that is still not enought motivation for me to get back on. Any suggestions or help.

#NeedTheMotivation

Replies

• mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Try to think WHY you want to get back on. Fill your thoughts and day dream. Put up reminders around you as to why you are doing it.
  • sassygamma
    sassygamma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I think we all lose motivation sometime or another, what i do is read the success stories on here and try to put myself back in the mindset of why i started this journey in the beginning... If i find myself struggling, i do a pro con list, the pros of how i feel and look and the cons of how i felt and looked, and trust me it always comes back to me why i am doing what i am doing... I know some people put before pics on the fridge, i know of people who keep a chart of their weight loss on the fridge, anything that will keep you accountable helps.. Good luck and i hope it comes back to you soon.... Add me if you like..
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If you have a picture of yourself before you lost the weight take a look at as a reminder of where you don't want to get back to.
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    For me, I just have to give a hard workout another go. Once that is done I feel motivated once again and silly for thinking I'd give it all up to be unhealthy, unhappy, and uncomfortable. Especially when summer is on it's way! You can do it! You already know what the alternative is and it sucks. My two cents :D
  • nataliefallbach
    Options
    If you have a picture of yourself before you lost the weight take a look at as a reminder of where you don't want to get back to.

yep! Couldn't agree more. Just remind yourself how hard you had to work to lose those 40 pounds, I know recent photos of me have motivated me more then any mud run, although I signed up for the Warrior Dash on May 5th and I find it pretty motivating, ha ha
  • rsboyd
    rsboyd Posts: 12
    Options
    I always thought that being a very active person and eating some things right was a good way to go. Then the next to worst thing that could happen did. My doctors told me I needed bypass surgery. I'm 60 but not old. Still surf, play golf and softball, work out at the gym two to four times a week.

NEVER HAVING SURGERY AGAIN IS MY MOTIVATION, make it yours too.

Good Luck
  • Alymom2008
    Alymom2008 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    we are in the same boat! I maintained my goal weigh t for 2 years and it is slowly creeping on, I've gained 6 lbs over the winter and need motivation to get back on track! Feel free to add me! Maybe we can kick each others butts!