Aloe Vera Drink

Options
I just bought some, but going to try it tomorrow, does it actually taste good? Does it help anything? (anything health wise?)
:D I heard people say it's UBER good for you, so I thought I would give it a shot ^^

Replies

• alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    It tastes like pure slime. Uck.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Good for you if you can stomach it, however it won't help significantly with weight loss. It is a good source of vitamins though :)
  • MJudd157
    Options
    Okay, I'm not doing it specifically for weight loss, just mainly good health ^^
  • 65jmh
    65jmh Posts: 9
    Options
    Taste depends on theI brand. Alo brand is pretty good but there is like 3 flavors. I personally like the one with cranberry in it. It is supposed to be good for your digestive system.
  • SiobhanDelaney
    SiobhanDelaney Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'd not fancy trying this, the color alone would put me off. Have you tried Honey & Apple Cider Vinegar, its lovely and aids weight loss so i've been told.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I was given some by a friend years ago, when I was sick. EWWWW. I couldn't force myself to gag it down. Hopefully they've found ways to improve the taste.
  • jamesblood13
    jamesblood13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    there's one aloe vera drink I had, i think it was korean. but i bought it from the world foods section in asda. and it's got big chunks of aloe vera in it, and is sweetened with honey. and was discusting.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    It tastes like something you would clean your sink with

Horrid!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I have taken the capsules for over 15 years
  • Kaelabaela
    Options
    I think its good! I drink the exposed one from time to time from the brand ALO
    Yummmmmm
  • jlkennedy88
    Options
    This might sound gross, but I drink a "shot" glass of it at our local Herbalife shake store. It's actually not bad flavor-wise, but the thing is I am literally running to the bathroom within 2 hours. And, when I have to go, it's urgent. It does help clean me out.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    There are two types of aloe drink, there is one I have gotten from GNC and it tasted terrible! I did it for a while and never saw any changes. There was also a drink I got from Sams which claimed to be an Aloe drink and it had chunks of aloe in it. That had tons of sugar but was super good.
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Taste depends on theI brand. Alo brand is pretty good but there is like 3 flavors. I personally like the one with cranberry in it. It is supposed to be good for your digestive system.

I'm addicted to the stuff. It's sooo good.
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    I blend mine with pineapple orange juice and ice. Can't stand it plain.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of people diluting it by putting the Aloe into teas or flavored waters, just to help with the flavor, or the texture. I've had some years ago that was actually very good, but I can't find it anymore.
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Haha maybe I'm weird.. but I like it! I liked the one with chunks!
  • rswood62
    rswood62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I bought Alo Awaken - Aloe & Wheatgrass from Vitamin Shoppe. It has small chunks of aloe in it and tastes very good. It kinda tastes like a melon.
  • anabell31
    Options
    I heard it was good so I bought some. The store only had this HUGE jug of it. I took one sip and threw it out. It was so gross!! They say you can mix it with stuff but i don't think anything could drown out that taste
  • gluvdjs4e
    gluvdjs4e Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well, I hope it tastes better than what comes directly out of the plant. I use it on burns, and have a bad habit of biting my nails. It makes me gag, literally. I really can't take it. Upside, cuts back on the nail biting.
  • deannarey13
    Options
    This might sound gross, but I drink a "shot" glass of it at our local Herbalife shake store. It's actually not bad flavor-wise, but the thing is I am literally running to the bathroom within 2 hours. And, when I have to go, it's urgent. It does help clean me out.

Yep, the Herbalife Aloe drink is great! Mango flavored is my favorite.