I have made up my mind once and for all and this is what I A

Options
Starvation mode? Too many calories? Eat back your exercise calories? Don't eat back your exercise calories? Do eat clean? Eat whatever you want? I JUST WANNA LOSE THIS WEIGHT and I DON'T want to stress over it anymore!! And from what I have read (and believed me I have combed the boards ALL WEEKEND) looks like low carb (cutting out the white evil stuff) not having to keep up with calories and eating what i love (cheese,salads,steaks,mushrooms with bleu cheese etc.) is the path I need to take!! I am the kind of person who LOVES carbs way too much! I will eat an egg mcmuffin (for example) for breakfast and within 1 hour I am hungry again!! If I eat a low carb bowl from Krystal with eggs and sausage I am super full and really don't even need to eat lunch!!! So this is the path I am going to focus on and I am so relieved to have FINALLY made my mind up and I am completely committing myself to this from now until Easter...I will then at that point see where I am, how I am feeling and if I need to take another path at that time...if I am losing and feeling great about the path I chose then I will continue on :) if not then at that time I will take another path...I am FEELING SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD ABOUT THIS CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    That's all that matters. Good luck.
  • mom2jjl
    Options
    Thank you!!! :)
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That is almost where I am at. I manage to get some carbs in but I am almost always short on the carbs and I am losing weight. I was raised on a farm where you had protein with every meal. I was a decient weight until I moved out on my own and learned that mac and cheese for example is less expensive than protein. Now I am going back to eating more protein, I am not cutting out all the carbs but I have stopped being worried that I am short on carbs as well.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    It really can get stressful and overwhelming to read all the conflicting info and try to figure out what to do...

Do what feels right and make sure to monitor your progress. If it doesn't seem to be giving you results, figure out why and try again. Just don't give up and try not to feel overwhelmed. I set myself back a lot by doing that.
  • cajuncowgirl
    Options
    I am doing the low-carb diet as well and it has been successful for me. Wish you the best of luck! :)
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I say YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

I made THE decision almost a year ago. (April 12th to be exact) and have never looked back! I am so glad I made that decision that day and started my lifestyle change then!

So good for you to make the decision. It is better to make a decision than to keep stagnant wondering should I could I would I!

:smokin:
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Finding what works best for YOU is always the best way to go! And knowing that it works, fits into your lifestyle AND you feel good about your choices makes sticking to it that much easier!

I wish you must success on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • scottbad
    Options
    You got it. I eat a cereal for breakfast; I'll be hungary in 2 hours. Eat 2 scramble eggs with or without sausage - I can easily make it to lunch.
  • misswallie2u
    misswallie2u Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree with Christina0089...
    pretty much any low calorie or low carb plan will work if you are dedicated to it.
    Finding what works for you is the key to sticking with the change and having success with it!

good luck! I know you can succeed!
  • mom2jjl
    Options
    Thank y'all sooo much!! Your all so awesome & I appreciate the encouragment so very much :) tomorrow morning DAY UNO!! WHOOP WHOOP IM READY :))
  • bigbeardiver
    bigbeardiver Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I share your frustration. I'm also trying to balance this with gaining muscle and losing body fat%. I try something for 4-8 weeks and if it doesn't work I change it up to try something else. Right now I"m trying to cut carbs as low as I can and I've felt great. I had carbs this weekend and today and feel slow again.
  • DogsK
    DogsK Posts: 94
    Options
    Great to see you research, make a decision and plan and commit to that plan and more importantly, set a specific time frame and then re assess. It is something I hadn't even thought off, having a specific time frame and re assessing. I know I should have and believe me, I have now. Thanks for that and all the best with your efforts