How would you log this?

Options
2»

Replies

• Torkelle
    Torkelle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Not intense enough for circuit training. Log individually. Haven't you got time to do more? I'd do more of one so you can get into a good rhythm. i.e. 15 mins run at least and then finish off with the strength. Gives you chance to keep your HR high without change overs. Otherwise a decent 20 min workout I suppose to slip in the day.

Do more?.....I'm sorry, I though working out for almost an hour and a half was a decent workout......

I think what this poster might have meant is that doing longer intervals of say 15 minutes EACH would be more beneficial than the 5 minute chunks, not talking about the overall time frame of the entire workout. :)

And YES, I think an hour and a half is PLENTY! :)
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    Not intense enough for circuit training. Log individually. Haven't you got time to do more? I'd do more of one so you can get into a good rhythm. i.e. 15 mins run at least and then finish off with the strength. Gives you chance to keep your HR high without change overs. Otherwise a decent 20 min workout I suppose to slip in the day.

Do more?.....I'm sorry, I though working out for almost an hour and a half was a decent workout......

I think what this poster might have meant is that doing longer intervals of say 15 minutes EACH would be more beneficial than the 5 minute chunks, not talking about the overall time frame of the entire workout. :)

And YES, I think an hour and a half is PLENTY! :)

Maybe. I am not a pro at this, I am just trying new things, most of my workouts are 30min running, 30 min dvd with Jillian Michaels, and 30 mins of strength training, not in that order every time. Just thought I would try to change it up, I have plateaued!! Just trying to kick start the weight loss again.
  • dragynyss
    Options
    I do not think the MFP exercise calculations are close to accurate, so whichever way you log it would be fine. I'd say it's more about tracking your effort than getting an accurate calorie burn count.

Good job, by the way!
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Gotta be honest here, it all depends on your personality. I tried breaking it down to every different workout but found I was hating the time it took. If I hate it i know I will not continue, so now I guesstimate, as long as I keep seeing steady progress I am satisfied with this course of action, if this changes then I will deal with it at that time.
  • gstyles24
    Options
    awsome job mixing it up!! Is that realy your weight loss to date?? WOW!! and Your before and after shots are so awsome!! Congrats on the hard work!! Keep it up! You rock!!
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    awsome job mixing it up!! Is that realy your weight loss to date?? WOW!! and Your before and after shots are so awsome!! Congrats on the hard work!! Keep it up! You rock!!

Thanks so much for the compliment!