Iron woman

Options
So for my 19th birthday i decided, I'm going to start slowly training for ironman. I was so inspired by all the previous ironman and women. The plan is I will complete one iron man triathlon before I turn 30. I have 11 years to build up the strength, endurance and persistence to become one of the best. I'm super motivated right now. Just want to announce to the world so you all can hold me accountable and keep me motivated. Thank you all.. this marks the beginning of another journey.

Replies

• MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Great goal!!
  • kattiek
    kattiek Posts: 83
    Options
    GOOD LUCK! I find this very admirable and it seems like you've set a very realistic timetable for yourself. Keep the motivation up and I think you'll have a highly rewarding and fulfilling journey! :bigsmile:
  • areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! That's my goal for 2010! I did two 1/2 Ironmans in 2008 and took this year off of triathlon training and concentrated on cycling. I'm way excited about next year! Good luck in your training!
  • dachinababe
    dachinababe Posts: 185
    Options
    Hey areay22, how did u train for ur half ironman lol..im kinda clueless to what I should do. for now I run/skate/learning to swim monday,wednesday and friday..breakdance tuesday and thursday..cross traninning on saturday, yoga on sunday..do you have any suggestions for the youngin? appretiated <3

Kattiek-Thanks ill can do it with ur encouraging words

MDF 08-thanks, love ur profile pic
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Great, maybe crazy :noway: , but a great goal :happy: . It took me 8 years from couch to Ironman so your timeline is very doable. I highly recommend you start in running and get a good base of 2 or 3 years and try to master the marathon first. If you don't take the time up front you will always hate the run. Everything else is fun and you'll always find time to ride and swim.

Beware, this is EXPENSIVE! Ironman entries are over $500, that's just the race fee. Bikes and gear add up sooo fast too.

Good Luck!
    Raymond
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    So for my 19th birthday i decided, I'm going to start slowly training for ironman. I was so inspired by all the previous ironman and women. The plan is I will complete one iron man triathlon before I turn 30. I have 11 years to build up the strength, endurance and persistence to become one of the best. I'm super motivated right now. Just want to announce to the world so you all can hold me accountable and keep me motivated. Thank you all.. this marks the beginning of another journey.

Find a Sprint Triathlon in your area and train for that first. I love doing sprint tri's because they don't take as much training. I am from Indiana too, Valparaiso, we have a sprint tri this weekend here in our town! There are many throughout our state. Message me if you want to know more.
  • areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I alternated workouts with swimming, running and cycling. I did my longer workouts on the weekends. I saw mon, wed, and fri morning. And ran at least 3 times a week.

Sorry for the late response
  • almond13
    almond13 Posts: 77
    Options
    that is GREAT! :flowerforyou: I did one triathlon 5 years ago, and LOVED it... I enjoyed the training too becuase you have to mix it up... :smile: I was just trying to convince a friend of mine to train with me... as it is much for fun and motivating when you have a buddy... however... i don't think anyone will do it with me... we should start a triathlon training group here on MFP... :bigsmile:
  • almond13
    almond13 Posts: 77
    Options
    in terms of what I did / do to train... I run 4x per week, swim 3x, and do long rides on the weekend (20+ miles)... the swimmig and riding are the easy parts for me.. the running... not so much :laugh: so to start off this time I am going to run 3x per week and then add in the good stuff, I wont be able to ride much in the winter, so that will start next spring... (other than the bike indoors).... I also like to add in cardio kickboxing, yoga (good to stretch out and relax, good "rest day" activity) and strenght traning (free weights)....:bigsmile: