Single Mom, 220 - need friends...day 1 is already almost ove

Options
Well I did it, signed up, got on the S-C-A-L-E....made a decision, I can do it, of course it is easy to say it only 8 hours into it. :) I don't have any friends yet so please be my friend, I am gonna need a cheerleader or two....or maybe a drill sergeant! LOL My 11 year old is my cheerleader too. This will be an adventure! Thanks

Jennifer
San Antonio

Replies

• 228lrt
    228lrt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your start! This is a great site-lots of support. You can do it. Add me as a friend if you would like.
  • ClareB13
    ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Well done for signing up: you'll love it I'm sure!
    I'm 219lb (started at 237 when I joined on Jan 1st)
    Have sent you a friend request
  • SarahJaneH39
    Options
    I joined today too :happy:

I've been doing WW for a few years and every time i loose my weight something happens and bang! all back on and more :sad:

So my friend at work told me about this site - so here i am - I'm a bit nervous about it all!
  • shelyice
    Options
    hi...its day one for me today...going ok so far! i've never done ww before...
  • shelyice
    Options
    good luck!!!!
  • thatlook
    thatlook Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    hey, you can add me if you like ive been on the mobile app since last yr but only really started to do anything seriously since 2nd Jan!!

11795304.png
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of two...we can do it :) I also need cheerleaders, drill sargents and food police :ohwell:
  • tigerlily1817
    Options
    I started on Saturday. I weighed in at 222 and am so far really enjoying this. It reminds me of weight watchers without the price tag and the embarrassing meetings. I only have 1 friend so far and that is the person that recommended me to the program. You can add me if you want.
  • ahillmer
    Options
    :drinker: ADD ME ADD ME!!!! I NEED AND WANT FRIENDS TOO!! SINGLE PARENT AS WELL
  • wendyholley
    Options
    You made the right step by joining MFP, wish you all the best with your weigt loss.

If you would like to add me to your friends then please do.
  • footballmom12
    footballmom12 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I joined in Jan and it really has made a big difference for me! Good luck!!
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself for taking this step. I have been on the site for about a month, and the food tracking has been very helpful. I also could use some support, as I've really been struggling. Please feel free to send me a friend request. We can all use as much support as we can get. :flowerforyou:
  • JoWharton
    JoWharton Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am new to this also. Today is offically my 1st day :) Good Luck to you!!!
  • kidrobot3
    kidrobot3 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a single mom too, trying to lose some weight. My goal is to fit back into my wedding dress so I can do a "destroy the dress" photo shoot as a f#*@k you to my ex. :3
  • missfitp
    missfitp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome, you can add me if you wish. I wish you nothing but success!
  • b2smiley2002
    Options
    Whooo Hoooo!!!!!!!!!! See you have one day almost behind you and ready to meet a day a new! I myself wasa single mom for 13yrs He is now 16 and lives with his father about 2100 miles from me and my husband. I live in a very remote area making it hard to find support. Even being married yes it's hard to find the right support system to hold you accountable, responsible, and reliable for others as well. I'm happy your here and look forward to chatting more with you in the future....

I love this new adventure to finding a healthy lifestyle with many blessing of friendships along the way, OH yeah firmmer behind, Girlfriend!!

Toodles,

C
  • b2smiley2002
    Options
    ADD ME TO YOUR CIRCLE!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • DeannaPaige1
    DeannaPaige1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I made the decision 6 days ago & love this site! You will absolutely love it too :) You can do it! I was the biggest junk eater..I stopped it all..started eating healthy.. ( Mostly fruits, veggies, granola bars and grilled chicken ) down 4lbs since last wed!

Deanna
  • cubanchili
    cubanchili Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Congrats for joining! I will tell you, when I signed up for it over a year ago, it was the best thing I could ever do! Add me if you would like, I will gladly be your friend and cheer you on through this little journey ;)