Running App?

Options
Hey Guys,

I am new here *waves hello* :flowerforyou:

I really enjoy running on the treadmill in the gym, I tend to walk at 6.4 for 2mins, run at 9.0 for 10 mins, walk again for 1 min, run for 5mins, and it kind of deteriorates from there!! Does anyone know of a good running app I can download to help with my workout?

Many Thanks
Sarah

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    What specificially do you want the app to do? Are you looking for something to help improve your running? That would be the Couch to 5 K app Or Bridge to 10K app. Are you looking for something to record your mileage and speed? runkeeper app.

Good luck.
  • Beeky85
    Beeky85 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for your response. I suppose an app that keeps you motivated to push yourself a little further or programmes a workout for you to do is what i'm thinking. x
  • jlambert77
    jlambert77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you have runkeeper, you can program in your own intervals, and it uses your iPod music to listen to...that's what I do :)
  • ConnectwoNature
    ConnectwoNature Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow, running at 9.0 for ten minutes are you super woman or something dang,
    At my very best tip top shape I could never get over 8.0 and I could only hold that pace for 2-3 minutes
    Wow thats amazing.
  • nomo_excuses
    nomo_excuses Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    if you have an iphone or ipod touch, try the nike+ gps app ($1.99 i think). it logs your info and has a feature that will challenge you.
  • christinekojack
    christinekojack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I had never run before, so i downloaded the C25K app on my phone,, I'm loving it, it pushes me a little further each day,, I'm now on week 5 and will be doing my first 20 min run tomorrow,, I've also downloaded the Bridge to 10K which i intend to to do as soon as I've completed the C25K!! I would really recommend them!! Hope that helps! xx
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I really like cardio trainer its free and for 2.99 you can buy the addition where you can race previous times
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The c25k might be worth a look then. Or one I've used in the past but stopped since it didnt suit me was the adidas micoach app on my phone (certainly its free in the UK, am not sure about US availability).
  • grannynickel
    grannynickel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've used both the c25k and Easy 5k with Jeff Galloway. I think the c25k pushes you just a bit more, but I like the Easy 5k better.
  • Wilson336
    Options
    I think she is measuring in kilometer per hour, not miles per hour, since she said she walks at 6.4(about 3.9 mph).
  • ConnectwoNature
    ConnectwoNature Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Omgosh yeah that makes so much more sense, thank you for making me think :)
  • Beeky85
    Beeky85 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses. When my new iphone arrives today I will be downloading a few of the apps and see which is best. :) x