Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Just started and a little confused.

I am a mom of two and just started the diet. I could use some friends who know what I am going through and help me once and a while.

Replies

• Realtygal
    Realtygal Posts: 9 Member
    Well, my child is an adult, but I've still been there, done that! I'm sure it's hard to feed the kids when you're on a diet. First, what diet are you on?
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Hi, friend request on it's way.
  • raleighgoodwins
    raleighgoodwins Posts: 68 Member
    I hear ya. I have 4 kids - ranging in age from 9 to almost 16, and I work 1 FT job and a part-time job. It's kind of crazy but I just try and work things in when I can.

When you first start it takes a while to enter all of your food. But once you get your food entered for about a week it gets a lot easier because you don't have to look everything up. You can use your recent foods a lot since most people tend to eat the same things regularly.

In terms of exercise, obviously I don't have a lot of time to exercise. I try to do things like walk to the metro to go to work instead of taking the bus. And on the weekends I try to do a little bit more. I haven't been able to work in time to get to the gym but walking helps me. And if your kids are young enough to go into a stroller or jogging stroller you can take them a long.

I'm happy to help where I can. I know it's really hard but you can do it!
  • Hey! I have two kids under 5 and one more due in almost 8weeks! Add me if you'd like! I lost 32lbs doing mfp, then I got pregnant. I was about 8 lbs away from my goal weight of 140! I am exercising, logging, and eating good right now. If you need any advice just ask!

And as for it being hard to feed kids when on a diet, it's not really. They just have to eat a lot healthier now too! I buy the food and they just have to eat what's here! Now feeding a husband while on a diet is a little trickier, as they can buy their own junk! lol, good luck!