Stress Eating

Options
I have a big paper due tomorrow and I have a huge tendency to stress eat. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cope with the urge to eat? Or any tips at all?

All help is appreciated!

Replies

• KLavallee322
    KLavallee322 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I chew gum or eat a mint. Nothing sounds good to me after having that mint taste in my mouth.
  • squared16
    Options
    That's a great tip! Thank you!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Do the paper NOW and you won't have that stress anymore!!!!
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    find something low call to much on, like low sodium saltines, or the 100 cal pack of popcorn. Also i find that when i drink something warm like tea i feel full :)
  • nk17
    nk17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have a water bottle with a straw built into it. I suck on the water bottle while I'm doing other things. The water replaces my former candy or other bad stuff I used to have. If I must have calories, a protein bar or shake is great.
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    Eat baby carrots if you have to eat something, or something low calorie. I understand how you feel, i tend to get stressed when writing a paper
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I chew Extra gum like it's going outta style. I also tend to chew on coffee stir sticks which keeps me from eating somehow.
  • Zombietata
    Options
    I agree tea is the best bet for somthing sweet add honey it helps with the Calming as well. Besides tea comes in so many flavors LOL.
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    baby carrots! :) or any sliced veggies with hummus dip or something like that :)
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I attempt to chew Gum or drink 0 cal Juice.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I chew gum, too. It keeps your mouth busy. For the big paper I would make a list of all the different parts you need to get done. It helps to calm my stress when I can cross things off the list and see that what I need to do is getting smaller and smaller.
    Good luck on the paper!
  • squared16
    Options
    Wow! Thank you guys so much! :flowerforyou:
    I'll definitely try chewing gum and making tea!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    How about a 100 calorie bag of microwave popcorn with a little garlic powder on it
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    gum and water are good solutions, but I have found the best thing, take ten minutes and run up and down some stairs or walk quickly around the block. Adrenalin is a main cause of stress hunger, and if you burn it off without eating, you will think more clearly, eating doesn't burn the adrenalin and it can make you drowsy.
  • Zombietata
    Options
    The best tea I have found to be is Celestial Seasonings, because it has so many flavors, like I wanted sugar cookies to night and I know I cant have the, well they have a teas that tastes like them....best part no calories or caffine HA HA!!! love it