Ever been embarrassed running into an old friend & wondering

Options
Such an embarrassing thing when you see someone after a long time and they see how much weight you have gain! Oh well, at least I'm working on it, right? :)

Hi, I'm Kelly (age 35). I'm new here (started last Thurs) and I would love some serious persistent friends who are here for the long hull and want to help each other along the way. Would welcome any friends but would especially love some in the same stage of life...35-45, married, with kids, and have a decent amount to lose. And, I would love both male and female friends. Ideally I would love friends who want to really get to know each other, are there for each other when we are tempted or struggling & want to celebrate successes together. I get online a lot, I'm a positive person & I would be happy to support you in the same way!

Isn't MFP awesome?! Loving it! Have a great day!

Replies

• livinafitlife
    livinafitlife Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We are somewhat in the same stage in life I guess. I am 23 I have 2 kids and have been married for almost 6 years this march 23. If you like you can add me, would love to help and support the best I can!
  • Chantal34
    Options
    I had the opposite experience a few months back. I was in Walmart a few months ago and I so a skinny tall girl walking awkwardly in heels with a long black weave. It took a few minutes for me to realize that it was my friend who was once overweight. I was in so much shock! It also made me realize I needed to get back on my grind after having my daughter last year. I haven't looked back since. :smokin:
  • almomnc
    almomnc Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, married with 2 kids, work full time and have a significant amount to lose . I think it's hard when old friends run into me and they don't know what to say; I yo-yo with my weight so I'm sure it's a stumbling block!! I love having support and can be a great support, too. I started back in January so am starting a new weight loss journey. Feel free to send a message.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am 31....I am on Facebook with a lot of my old friends from high school. The last time most of them saw me, I was a size 4. I have ZERO pictures of myself on FB that show my size. Only the best, face-only pictures....and even those make me depressed. :-(
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My sudden weight gain has me too embarrassed to leave the house much. I ran into a woman I knew while walking and she had no idea who I was. Mortifying!
  • jjmcahill
    jjmcahill Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Been there done that! My 20th class reunion is coming up next year and I want to look as good as I did for my 10th! LOL!

Sending a friend request your way!
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi. :) I'm 35, married and have 3 kids. I don't have a lot to lose but at my heaviest I was about 250lbs and I now weigh 134lbs so I totally know the ups and downs of weight loss. In the last couple years I had put back on a little weight and wanted to get back to working out and eating better like I had been. It's so easy to slip back into old habits. :( I'm on here with my husband trying to hold myself accountable and stay healthy. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like to. :)
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    went to my tenth reunion at my peak weight of about 270. it was a bit awkward; i didn't feel very confident.

by my 15th, i was down to 165. that one was a lot better.
  • tolergirl
    Options
    I've been there as well. The worst for me is pictures on social network sites. Yikes. But you're right, you're doing something now and that's the main thing. I'm 45, all kids grown and accounted for. Just me and my wonderful husband at home so I feel brave enough to try losing weight again. So hoping it works!
  • paintedlady1978
    Options
    Luckily I don't even live anywhere near my old friends but I know exactly what you mean. I am married with two kids and three step kids. I adore being with my family and doing anything I can with them. Recently I started helping my husband at his job. He hauls cars. And I totally thought I was gonna die. So I decided it was time to buckle down and do something. I weigh 265and want to lose quite a bit of weight. Feel free to add me as a friend. I need as much support on here as I can get and willing to give as much as needed
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Friends request sent...
  • questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey mama - I totally hate that feeling! I'm adding you! :)
  • bluemixer
    Options
    Hi, I'm 38 and married with 3 kids. I have only been here a short time too. I can use all the support I can get. So friend me if you wish. I weigh 149 and would like to be 125 or 130.
  • tinyrah
    tinyrah Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    FR sent too.
    I've been ducking and hiding for years- trying to change that now!
  • sarvissa
    sarvissa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm 39 with 3 kids, and a lot to lose!