The Final Meltdown 7.7.09

Options
Good mornin all and welcome to our little group

Today is the start of our next challange that runs until 9-4-09. You set your own personal goal and check in for support and help as often as you like.
My goal for this challange is to weigh 160 by 9-4 wich will be a 5 1/2 pound loss for me plus Chrissy's exercise challange of 45/59 days to work out. Or you can do a healthy eating goal too.
Hope yall are having a great day.:drinker:

Replies

• anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    Hi all. My goals for this challenge will be a 7 pound loss (current weight 192 to 185) and to drink my water every day - WHY I have a problem with this, I don't know! So far, since May, I've lost 15 and know that the accountability of this website and the good motivation and challenges have been a big part of helping me to make a real lifestyle change. Good luck to everyone!

59 days left?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    My goal is the exercise 45 of 59 starting today. I don't have a loss goal so much as trying to continue to exercise and eat right and the weight just comes off....so no actual # for this challenge.

Today is a rest day for exercise - I did C25K week 9 day 2 yesterday and an hour strength class so I need some recovery - I will walk after supper with my sweet hubby - I love our walks.

Anthrochix-what else are you drinking during the day? I found that when I was having a soda or two at lunch (diet) that I didn't get enough water but by not drinking soda I am always at 8 - 10.

Welcome to all the New folks!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just checking in briefly from a motel in Grand Island, Nebraska. I'll set my goals when I get home. Chrissy, I'm pulling for you - 75 this week for sure! Anthrochix - welcome, and don't feel alone on the water thing. It's a constant struggle for me. Few people know my dirty little not drinking water secret, but I am overcoming it! Smadag - hope your cousin got home okay, time to get back at it. Better go get on the road for my next stop! Here's to smart choices! Mary
  • FINALLY4ME
    FINALLY4ME Posts: 643
    Options
    morning!:flowerforyou:

my goal will be to log my food daily......and run or exercise 4 days a week.....an hour a day.....more if I can....drink all my water and do my best!

here we go!:drinker: :heart:
  • freezeframe
    freezeframe Posts: 184
    Options
    ok, I am doing P90X, so one of my goals is continue with this, I will be on week 10 of the program by Sept. I am 194 right now and would like to be 180 by then, but that may be a bit steep so I will set my goal at 185 and maybe hope for more. I also need to eat more veggies.

Ok I think my list is long enough now.

Have a great day everyone!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Yep for me more veggies too!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I need to add that to my list too. Or maybe just make it eat better
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm not sure I want to put a # of lbs lost because I never seem to achieve them so I will just say I want to lose some (quite a bit) by Sept.
    My goal will be to exercise 45 of the 59. So far I am 1/59!
    Current weight 212
    Another goal is to drink lots of water. I don't like water so it will surely be a test!
    So far today I have had 2 cups and its only 1051 am. So if I can get in another 3 or 4 cups with lunch and then some in the afternoon I will be doing great!

Stay healthy everyone!!

Memaw
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Way to go on the water memaw!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker:
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All! :flowerforyou:

Just got back from my morning walk with hubby......

No # goal.......it's really hard to make it come off after 50yrs!!

I'll stick with Chrissy's exercise 45/59......exercise seems to
    be the hardest for me. It's easier to sit on the couch and
    think about it than to do it!!

Water isn't an issue for me......drink 6-8 bottles daily which contain 16oz each......
    YES! I'm floating by the time I can get back to the station for a potty break!!

Thanks for this great motivational thread!!
    Pam:drinker:
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Well, I am back at it again. I have joined you for challanges in the past, but things got crazy 2 months ago, and I am just coming back.

My goal is 12 lbs. I gained 6 back over the past few months so I am hoping it will fall off fast.

As far as other goals, every weekend until mid september is booked for me. My goal is going to be to eat right and make smart choices as I am on the go.
  • Shel4556
    Shel4556 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Confession time...Have not been online in a while. Last log weight was 158 but I got down to 153...now have gained back to 160. All this in over a month but I have lost about 25lbs total since Jan.

Time to commit again.

Goal: Lose 10lbs
    Goal: Excercise(I have not exercised at all---nada)
    Goal: Stick to my supplements

If I do all three..10lbs is obtainable. Since I have changed my lifestyle(way of eating) in Jan I have not excercised at all and still lost 25lbs so with the push I can do it.

Ok...time to get Serious again!
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. Not sure what a realistic goal is by 9/4. I think I will shoot for 240 by then so that is 11 lbs.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I workout 5 days a week doing Chalean Extreme
    My real goal is to log my eating everyday! That is where i have trouble
  • LiMer
    LiMer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hello....

My current weight this morning is 153.2, I gained back 4 pounds, maybe just water weight cause I am currently on my monthly thing. My official weigh in will be Fridays.

My goal: be 140 by September 4, 2009, that is 13.2 pounds.
    Exercise at least 4 days a weeks for 30 minutes or more and burn at least 200 or more calories
    (Should jog more)
    Stay within my net calories at least 5 out of 7 days.

Good luck to all of us.
  • FINALLY4ME
    FINALLY4ME Posts: 643
    Options

you guys know whats great and an easy way to get in your veggies...those steam bags of frozen veggies.....they're yummy, crisp and cheap....(stop & shop brand anyway...lol) but after watching the biggest loser I dont' feel bad about not making fresh all the time....they said actually frozen can be just as good if not better because they are frozen at the peak of freshness, while some of our veggies travel a long time before we get em:angry:

not so sure how healthy microwaving them in the bag is....but that's a story for another thread:ohwell: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Darnit! A day late (and a dollar short?)

Ok, so my goal is to drop 8 lbs by the deadline and to run 2 miles with my dog (along with my normal workout routine) 4 times a week. Right now, I am jog/walking.... I want to run it all!!! Ohh.. and to bench press 80 lbs (I am at 70 now)

Goal: Lose 8 lbs
    Goal: Run 2 miles
    Goal: Bench press 80 lbs

Ileana

On a side note, I got up at 3 am, to run with my dog, and I stood at my door, watching it rain!..in San Antonio?!?!? We have been in a drought for 2 years!! I almost went for a run anyway, but then lightening struck...... and so I went back to bed for an hour! LOL :laugh:
  • mel62682
    mel62682 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    my goal is to lose 12 lbs, My current weight this morning is 157lb
    drink more water and
    do one pull up. i am 5'10 " so that is alot to pull up!
    my husband and i just started p90x so i hope to keep that up untill the end.

thanks i hope everyone reachs thir goals!:wink:

melissa
  • chrissyh
    Options

you guys know whats great and an easy way to get in your veggies...those steam bags of frozen veggies.....they're yummy, crisp and cheap....(stop & shop brand anyway...lol) but after watching the biggest loser I dont' feel bad about not making fresh all the time....they said actually frozen can be just as good if not better because they are frozen at the peak of freshness, while some of our veggies travel a long time before we get em:angry:

not so sure how healthy microwaving them in the bag is....but that's a story for another thread:ohwell: :wink: :flowerforyou:

I love those things! Sometimes I just want more flavor - tonight I am roasting asparagus with garlic - it's a first - we'll see....