CLA?

Options
Anybody taken it? Helped, didn't help?

Replies

• christinabemis
    Options
    I have been taking it for the past few months along with exercising and an OK diet. CLA was recommended by my trainer as it is something she and other trainers take. It's hard to say which has been the main reason for my results but I do think that it has helped. I have lost a lot of body fat particularly in the waist. I am not able to take the full amount recommended on the bottle. I only take one capsule with breakfast and then one more with lunch. If I take more than that I cannot sleep.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I've been taking it for a couple weeks and I definitely see an improvement in my stomach area and my body fat percentage has come down. It could be because of my diet and exercise but I've been doing that for awhile now and these results are more recent. So, while I can't 100% say it is the CLA there is no harm in taking it and I plan to do so. I take 3 of the 1300mg pills a day (1 with each meal).
  • Stacyanne324
    Options
    I have been taking it for the past few months along with exercising and an OK diet. CLA was recommended by my trainer as it is something she and other trainers take. It's hard to say which has been the main reason for my results but I do think that it has helped. I have lost a lot of body fat particularly in the waist. I am not able to take the full amount recommended on the bottle. I only take one capsule with breakfast and then one more with lunch. If I take more than that I cannot sleep.

Interesting. I didn't know they could cause you to not be able to sleep. I have taken them as late as 8pm and not noticed any difference. I guess it affects everyone differently!
  • PenguinPrincess
    Options
    I had read that it assisted in loss in fat percentage. I bought some today to start taking. I bought the Hydroxycut CLA plus a weight-loss matrix. It had the same amount of CLA as the regular supplement and was the same price, so I figured I would buy it instead.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I get CLA in the natural form by consuming raw dairy from grass fed milk cows and also by eating grass fed ruminants (cows and lamb)
  • Stacyanne324
    Options
    I get CLA in the natural form by consuming raw dairy from grass fed milk cows and also by eating grass fed ruminants (cows and lamb)

That is great! The more the better! My diet doesn't consist of enough of this to be a benefit though so I supplement.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Recent studies show zero gain from CLA. My advice? Tighten your diet up :smile:
  • Quickster34
    Quickster34 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    CLA is a non stimulant that contributes to aid fat blockers, If you are just taking regular CLA with no additions then there is no reason you should have trouble sleeping. also studies show that it assists a very small percentage of fat loss per year. I have been taking it for a few months now, again no noticeable difference but it is a stimulant free alternative for people wishing to stay away from such products