Thinking about starting Insanity...Have a few questions

Options
So, I was watching the Insanity informercial today for the 3rd or 4th time (while on the eliptical :laugh: ) and decided that I'm 90% sure I want to give it a try! I've completed Jillian Michaels' 30DS and am 1/2 way through RI30 and I'm feeling ready for something more strenuous. But, I have a few questions first that I was hoping y'all could help me with.
1. How are the workouts scheduled? I see there's 5 DVDs for the first month and 4 for the second, so do you do a different one each day for the week? Or do you spend a few days on one and move on to the next?
2. How many days per week are you supposed to do it?
3. Do you follow the meal plan that comes with it? (not sure how I'd do with that...)
4. Do you buy/use supplements? What kind?
5. Any benefit you can think of from buying directly from beachbody vs eBay/Craigslist? Not sure I can convince my husband its worth $120, but if I could get it cheaper I would.
6. How long is the longest workout?

Thanks for any and all input! Oh, I'd love to hear success stories too if anyone feels like sharing :smile:

Replies

• gonzohazel
    gonzohazel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity!!!
    To answer you
    1)the first 4 weeks you do a rotation of 4 workouts. Then you do the same workout for 1 week which is recovery week. Month 2 you do a rotation of different workouts.
    2)6 days
    3)follow the meal plan. It's easy and you get better results.
    4) nope
    5)I person lay would buy from BeachBody. I don't believe in buying pirated stuff or anything like that.
    6) the longest workouts are month 2. They are about an hour then also have an ab workout some days.

It is the best. I am addicted. Lots of jumping. Be sure your knees are ready.
  • Annmariek
    Annmariek Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1)