Anybody 5'8 want to be friends?

Options

Replies

• xraygeek
    xraygeek Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" with a goal of 170. That seems high, but I'd love to be around there. I am 197 right now. You can add me if you'd like :)
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Wow I cant ever imagine being 120lbs haha. I'm 5"8 and my goal is 170lbs. I love my curves and think that would be an easy weight to maintain personally. Hopefully some of you have similar goals :)
  • bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    5'8, 3 kids to my belly-claim, started at 228-229 lbs 2 months ago when I had my youngest, currently at 190, aim is to get to 160, possibly 150, but I was pretty tiny at 154 and people made comments, so at long as I get to wearing single digit pants and body fat at a healthy range, Ill be good.
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options
    Oh yaay I'll add you. I'm 5'8 3/4 and my goal on my ticker is 128lbs. I'm thinking 124 though :)
  • JVanDam77
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 175. My goal (because I have a medium frame) is 137-145. I am always looking for new support systems so feel free to add me. :)
  • fritzboy
    fritzboy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am also 5 ft. 8 Ins. tall and am having trouble losing any weight at all lately. I started at 235 lbs. and am now down to 205 lbs. My best weight is 160lbs. that is where I am the most comfortable. I have weighed as low as 125 Lbs. but did now feel comfortable at that weight. You may add me as your friend if you wish.
  • thinkpositive3
    thinkpositive3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes, love too!! Support both ways is always helpful. I'm 5'8" and my goal is 145. Currently at 174.
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and have a goal of 137. I think once I reach that I might try to get to 133, I'm not looking the way I want to yet.

Feel free to add me!
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I love finding similar folks on here as me. I was 240 at my highest last year, started on here at 231. I am 5'8" tall, just turned 40 last month. This is going to be my year to get trim and fit!
    I love this site. I have found so many supportive friends here on MFP. Feel free to send me a friend request.

:)
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'm 5' 8" and my goal is also 130! :) but I think I'm going to stop concentrating on my weight goal.
    I think body fat % is much more important and I want mine to be 20%.
    I'm at 24% now.
  • Missrachelf
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'8" too. My goal is 130, but I've got down to 132 and sometimes fluctuate to 135. i would love to be 130 so I have wiggle room when I fluctuate, but I already do Zumba 3 days a week (burning around 3,000 calories) and then Kettle weights 2-3 times per week. I don't think I could work out any more or eat less, I'm starved after a workout. I don't eat bad stuff, since I lost 45 pounds and want to keep it off.

3160457.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Jlledonne
    Options
    I'm 5'8, but I think a lot of girls on here are aiming way to low! 130 seems extremely thin for our height. I'm pretty fat though, so I'd like to be around 150. I think thats a perfect weight. Its not always about the number ladies!
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, but I think a lot of girls on here are aiming way to low! 130 seems extremely thin for our height. I'm pretty fat though, so I'd like to be around 150. I think thats a perfect weight. Its not always about the number ladies!

It really depends on your frame, some people are most healthy at lower than that. I pretty much have a bird frame, and am healthiest around 123. At that weight I was less likely to get sick and had the most energy. When I gained and went up to 135 I felt sluggish and I got sick a lot. It has to do with genetics and what your'e eating/how much muscle you have too. At 130-140 I was binging several times a week and eating junk every day, and that clearly wasn't my healthy weight. It might be too low for some people but it really depends how you feel, you're exactly right when you said it's not about the numbers. :)
    022988 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'd like some more friends, especially those with open diaries that I can read for ideas and motivation. I'm 23, 5'8", and currently 145lbs. I'd like to be somewhere between 125 & 130 I think, but for now I've set the goal of 135 by the beginning of June.
  • jaszmyn
    jaszmyn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9. My goal weight is 180.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", started at 150, goal of 128 :) I'm going to add you.... lol
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options

It really depends on your frame, some people are most healthy at lower than that. I pretty much have a bird frame, and am healthiest around 123. At that weight I was less likely to get sick and had the most energy. When I gained and went up to 135 I felt sluggish and I got sick a lot. It has to do with genetics and what your'e eating/how much muscle you have too. At 130-140 I was binging several times a week and eating junk every day, and that clearly wasn't my healthy weight. It might be too low for some people but it really depends how you feel, you're exactly right when you said it's not about the numbers. :)

I totally agree with this -- before I got my IUD and gained weight, I was comfortably at 128 lbs for about 4 years. I was thin, but I was not overly thin at all. At 150 I had fat lying around everywhere, not what I want!! lol. Aiming for 128 again but I'm ok with it being higher bc I hope to have muscle this time around!!
  • californiasky3
    Options
    Im 5'9 and aiming for 160ishh...give or take.
    Add me if you wanna be friends !
  • terryakii
    terryakii Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    im 5'7!! i have a goal of 55kg :)
  • Porcelain1981
    Porcelain1981 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It's great to see a whole bunch of people who are a similar height to me with similar goals!

I'm 30 and 5' 7 & 3/4s ", started out at 86kg / 190 lbs 2-3 weeks ago and currently at 82 kg / 181 lbs. I'm aiming for in the region of 57 kg / 125 lbs and more importantly a UK perfect 10, but will evaluate when I get closer based on how I look/feel/measure in inches. Also aiming for a toned physique, have started training again (this time round aiming forever) so will likely put on a bit of weight in muscle.

Happy to add all. :happy: