stuck on the number on the scale

Options
so the number on the scale is not moving very quickly but I'm losing inches anyway. The problem is, that I am stuck on that number. Having episodes with anorexia I feel it needs to be a smaller number. Does anyone else seem to have a problem with the number not moving even though your still getting smaller?

Replies

• lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    If you are losing inches then you need throw that scale away!!!
  • carasmith42
    Options
    I am the same exact way! I try to only weigh myself once a week so I don't make myself crazy, but the number is not moving. My jeans are looser and my friends have made comments, but I do not feel any satisfaction because the number is the same. It is driving me nuts! I love that my jeans are too big, I just wish the number would change!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    After 32 months and 300+ lbs. my whole mentality is changing in regards to the scale... I still weigh in once a week but I find now I go more by how I feel and how my clothes are fitting..... I have had so many weeks over this journey where the scale didn't move but my whole mentality never changed because I knew that I did everything I could have done to be successful over that past week and I have nothing to be upset about because of that reason so I would just refocus on the new week and put forth the same effort... That is all that I can ask of myself each and every day......
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've had a whole bunch of recent blog posts about this very topic. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LorinaLynn

The scale sucks as a way to gauge progress. I prefer to go by photos, since my eyes can deceive me in the mirror.