Stress Eating HELP!!

Options
Hey all!

So I have been on and off the eating right boat for the past month, and this time I really wanna make it through the first 3 weeks to make it a habit. But being full time student (last semester woot woot) and working two jobs, plus an ailing grandfather is taking it's toll on my nerves and stress levels. All I want is that oh, so bad, but oh, so good comfort food! Do any of y'all have tips/helpful hints to keep me on track? ANY help would be amazing!

Thanks y'all!!

Replies

• magicalamanda
    magicalamanda Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    What I try to do is find healthier versions of the food that I love! OR don't eat them at all and go cold turkey.

I try to make healthy muffins to munch on when I'm really hungry, or eat some sliced veggies instead.

Instead of eating when you're upset go for a walk!! Drink tons of water also so that way you'll be full and not want to snack.

Hmmmm I used to be a big stress eater, but I always try to tell myself that I will be depressed if I eat this, and that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!!

Hope that helps.
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    With your school, work and grandfather being ill, it's much easier to grab and go. Try planning your meals 2-3 days in advance, more if possible. Make sure you have all the ingredients at home. Make ziploc baggies with the correct portions of snacks such as trail mix, mixed nuts, berries, veggies, etc., whatever you like that's healthy. Have granola bars on hand at all times. I use quaker granola, kellogg's nutrigrain fruit bars, and special k strawberry bars for a variety. the more stuff you have portioned and ready to eat, the easier this will be. Best of luck :)
  • kmacc0443
    Options
    Ladies thank you so much! I can't tell you how much that all will help me! I'm so grateful for your tips! I'll definitely keep y'all posted! :))
  • emfilomena
    Options
    If you know certain foods are going to trigger you into stress eating, and while this may be extreme, I suggest stop buying those foods. Sit down, plan your meals, write out your grocery list, and make food in bulk! Depending on what you eat, for example, buy a bunch of chicken breasts, cook them all at once, and divide them into portions to be used in other recipes, go along with lunch, dinner, etc. I try to keep an apple on me at school at all times in case my sugar levels dip (gastroparesis, digestion disorder), or a protein bar. I suggest Luna bars!! They are delicious, fill me up, are great on the go, and are low in calories. They have vitamins and minerals as well, and are specifically targeted for women.

Maybe buy a planner with note paper in the back and try planning out your meals and food that way. Good luck on everything, and I'm impressed you're a full time student with two jobs, plus you're working on a healthier lifestyle- great for you!!