I can't eat any more!

Options
I am taking in about 1200 calories a day and burning 500 which my diary calculates as 700 calories. I then receive warning about starvation mode. I understand I shouldn't go below 1200 calories to avoid starvation mode but I am not hungry enough to eat more. I am eating mostly veggies. I use the" plate" method for all of my meals. Do I have to eat more? I don't like the idea of eating when I am not hungry, it makes me feel like I'm forming bad habits. Any information would be appreciated.

Replies

• 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Think about adding in some more calorie dense foods on the days that you go under.
    A hand full of almonds or peanuts
    some hummus on your veggies
    half an avocado
    some cheese and crackers
    glass of chocolate milk after your workout
    make a smoothie with milk and yogurt and add some peanut butter
    There are plenty quick and healthy ways to add some good calories.

Also plan ahead - if you know you will be under on a workout day then increase the calories on all of your meals and snacks for the day. That way you are not in a huge whole after your work out.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Think about adding in some more calorie dense foods on the days that you go under.
    A hand full of almonds or peanuts
    some hummus on your veggies
    half an avocado
    some cheese and crackers
    glass of chocolate milk after your workout
    make a smoothie with milk and yogurt and add some peanut butter
    There are plenty quick and healthy ways to add some good calories.

Also plan ahead - if you know you will be under on a workout day then increase the calories on all of your meals and snacks for the day. That way you are not in a huge whole after your work out.

I agree with this completely.

Also maybe try getting some protein drink mix or having a protein/energy bar right before a workout. My husband uses those because he works out so hard that even he has trouble staying at his calorie goal.
  • jerzygrl5k
    jerzygrl5k Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Hummus is a great idea and I don't think it will make me feel over full.
  • vanprabhu
    Options
    I got the same message today. I only eat about 850 calories and exercised for 150 mins. But i understand that if we go instarvation mode then we are going to stop losing weight. The thing i realize though is the more i exercise the less hungry I am. That is so weird. Oh and i am vegeterian so i just basically eat fruits and vegetables and greek yougurt for protein.
  • Tinkerbsb
    Tinkerbsb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I keep having the same problem and like you I don't like eating when Im not hungry it just doesn't sit well with me. I know that not eating is going to make the body stop losing weight but its hard to eat all those cals when your just not hungry but Ive upped things that are higher in cals but still good for me and that seems to help some what
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem here. I am kinda lucky though because my doctor does not want me eating back my exercise calories right now. She said just eat my 1200 a day and then stop. I have a feeling when I go back in to her office in two weeks she will be adjusting this just because I am burning so many calories every day. If I am under my 1200 for the day, I normally add an extra protein shake :)
  • cindyhitchins
    cindyhitchins Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i was told the same thing, as i had the same problem, finding i had way to much food so i lower my intake myself ....
    weighing in this am maybe was a mistake as i gained a pound this am...so i am going back to what they told me,,or thats what i am thinking it is,,,i also go on the treadmill more frequent unless my muscle is weighing more than fat now???,,but i was discouraged!