2»

Replies

• strongwilled
    Options
    i second!
  • kated930
    kated930 Posts: 132
    Options
    I was just discussing this with my husband this past weekend. I can't use this forever. I logged for 30 days straight and felt burnt out. It got obsessive logging everything and when I ate at a restaurant, I had a little meltdown because I couldn't keep track of every little thing I ate. He suggested taking a break. I know my portions and I know the "this or that" food choices. Some people need it, some people can come and go (like I plan to) and some don't need it at all. Whatever works for you and helps you be healthy overall is the way to go!!

I didn't log Friday or Sunday. Quite proud of myself that I can do it! :bigsmile:

I have logged for 322 days!! Some of those days I was on vacation. Being on vacation logging strawberry daiquiris= debbie downer. If I'm eating anywhere else besides home or the foods that I know how to find on MFP I go into panic mode. It got to the point where my boyfriend mentioned that I never want to go out to eat. I know that isn't normal!!!

Good for you for realizing you need a break!
  • strongwilled
    Options
    I would follow the "dietician's" advice, over any thing that this community may have to offer. Don't get me wrong... this community is great, but we are not "professionals".

May you experience continued success on your journey!
    I MEAN THIS IS WHAT I SECOND! MY APOLOGY
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Logging your food is something that can make your life better. If it starts to RUN your life... that's not better.

I stopped logging on weekends and holidays in June, and even having some wonderful, gluttonous weekends that would make Bacchus say, "Damn, girl!" it didn't have any impact on my weight or progress. I've since taken a few weeks off here and there, like when my husband is on vacation, or the week between Christmas and New Years, when I knew that logging my food would be more tedious than I'd want. Again... no real change.

And I took off almost the whole month of January while recovering from an injury and unable to exercise like I wanted. I rationalized that I would rather run the risk of gaining a few pounds over feeling stressed out having a hard time staying under my goal without my exercise calories. All in all... my weight was pretty much the same on February 1st as it was in December.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Personally, for me (redundant, I know)...giving up MfP for me would be like a recovering addict NOT going to a meeting!! I don't know why your dietician wants you to give up something that works. Just my thoughts...that's what forums are for. :):smile:
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Not logging might be right for you.

But I think I will always log. I have logged my food for over 10 years. Well, except for the last two years and guess what happened in that time... I gained a lot of weight.

I think it is hard to to tell the calories in things sometimes. I am always surprised when I feel like I've had a pretty "clean" day and it turns out to be a LOT of calories. Vice versa... I've had some days where I've eaten junk and it really wasn't that bad calorie wise.

I have also gotten into strength training - need more protein.

Maybe I'm not "normal" but logging works for me.