how to break this?

Options
Iv been at a plateau for like three weeks iv lost 11 lbs so far and it wont budge!! HELP? Also in need of some friends to keep this going im starting to get discouraged..

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    how much are you working out? eating? what are your stats?
  • Kal_n_130
    Kal_n_130 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welll when i first started i was eating way less than i should have been eating like around 1000 cal at most then every one yelled at me an told me to eat at least 1200, my set cal goal is 1540, so iv been coming around 1400. since iv been eating more iv not lost any thing so ...... i lost 11 lbs with in a month, but i work out at least twice a week for no less than a hr. i try to work out more but work/college screws that up.
    Options
    Oh wow, you're so young. You definitely should NOT decrease your calorie intake. Be patient. Incorporate intervals in your workout routine.
  • Kal_n_130
    Options
    do you think i need to work out more? i have a hard time eating that many calories when i work out so much, i mean its easy to fill up on junk but im trying to eat healthier and make it a life style nt a diet
  • AndieLynne
    AndieLynne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too Kayln...I have weighed the same since the 5th. It is a bit discouraging but at least you're not gaining. That's how I'm looking at it anyway :D
  • Kal_n_130
    Options
    Thnks andrea, it sucks lol! At least ur getting pretty noticeable tho!!! i keep fluxuating between gaining a pound here or losing some im like ugghhh!!!
    Options
    do you think i need to work out more? i have a hard time eating that many calories when i work out so much, i mean its easy to fill up on junk but im trying to eat healthier and make it a life style nt a diet

No, I think you should change WHAT you're doing. Also, 1600ish calories shouldn't require much effort if you're eating enough fat and whole grains.
  • rumsuck8
    rumsuck8 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Add Sodium to your charting and check how much sodium you are ingesting......... I have a feeling, the problem is sodium.
  • Kal_n_130
    Options
    How much sodium should i take in?
  • rumsuck8
    Options
    You can do a search on this site, I edited mine to be under 1500 mg.......and I really had a hard time with it....OMG, Sodium is in everything and in high amounts......one of the things that really REALLY helped me to jump start my weight loss, when I was stuck, was to take 1 day and eat raw, fresh veggies, fruits tons of water, NO packaged or processed foods at all and I FELT better and lost 2 pounds in 36 hours. Good Luck
  • Kal_n_130
    Options
    wow.. thnks yeah i changed it and was wayyy over in sodium... i didnt even think of that.. well thank youuu i hope it works !
  • rumsuck8
    Options
    It Will!!!! Friend me if you like , I'd like to know how it goes......
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    A couple things... See if you can get away from the fast foods and start eating healthier food choices. As others have mentioned, try reducing your sodium intake (cutting back on fast food and processed foods will help that too). Try drinking half your body weight in ounces of water a day.