EEK, I just admitted to my weight!!!

Options
So it took a lot for me to come clean and actually admit to how much I weighed when I started this, but now that I admitted to it, I actually feel a weight has been lifted.

http://eatbloginspire.wordpress.com/2012/02/27/im-coming-clean-i-weighed/

read my blog and you'll understand why...
Chrissie

Replies

• dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • alyseragauskas
    alyseragauskas Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I have felt the same way. I have always lied about how much I weighed, even to my boyfriend of almost a year. But when I finally came clean, the support he offered was helpful. However, I know that it is up to me to make the change and the support just helps me make that change. If you ever need anything or some motivation, I'm here. Feel free to add!
  • LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have found that since I have started exercising and watching what I eat, I more freely admit my weight...both starting and current. I don't know if it's because now I know that I'm doing something about it and so I am like, "YUP there it is" or what, but it's nice to just be free about my weight!
  • lad9669
    Options
    I dont even know what my top weight was. I had rotator cuff surgery and rehabbing that I am sure I was 310 plus. By the time I hit the scale after starting to work again I took 30 off pretty quick.
  • tracer92
    tracer92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That does take courage. I can't admit to my number. I put "pounds to lose" on my ticker instead of wt. I avoid it at all costs. Many years ago my husband asked what I weighed and I said "when I hit 130 I'll let you know". He's much smarter now and doesn't ask anymore. I'm not sure why it's such a secret. It's not like people can't tell I'm overweight just by looking. Maybe one day I will have the courage that you have and can own up to it. When I hit 130 I'll let you know :-)
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Way to go! And the fact of the matter is, does anyone really CARE what someone else weighs? Other than my hubby, of course, who was somewhat surprised (and dare I say disgusted?) that I weighed almost 30 lbs more than him, even though I'm 2 or 3 inches shorter. But that's a rant for another day....
    What is "The Evolution"?
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It's a difficult thing to be honest about something like that. I still am embarrassed of my weight, and the only person I will tell is my doctor, and even then I fudge a little bit. Congrats and you are doing great so far, add me if you want some mutual motivation!
  • Therdigh
    Therdigh Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Lol, I thought about keeping my profile private out of fear that people I know would see my weight. Then I realized they have seen me and they already know :)
  • LadyLoriAnn
    Options
    I LOVE your Blog, you are probably more real than most people here! You are my inspiration, please add me and nice to meet you!!!! Oh, keep blogging! :)
  • chrissiepooh
    chrissiepooh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The revolution is on ABC monday thru friday from 2-3pm. Ty Pennington stars in it...
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way yesterday when I stepped on the scale and joined I was like.. gahhhh.. how did that happen.. can only get better from here.. you made a choice and making it publicly should give you extra support and drive.. I know it is me...:happy:
  • Michee160
    Options
    The first step in achieving our goals is admitting the truths...you are brave to have done so. I too, have never been honest with my weight to anyone until recently. It sure does feel better and in a way helped me admit to myself that i needed to kick the old habits and do something about it. All the best in reaching your goals! Sending a friend request.... :)