Trying to lose 30 pounds.

Options
Hello. I am a mom of 2 and 30 years old. I'm 165 pounds and I am trying to get back down to what I was before I had children, 135. So far I have lost 8 pounds. I know it may be a little un realistic to lose 30 pounds by may but my goal is to lose as much as I can by may 16th (going on a trip).

So the reason for this post is I'm looking for some friends with similar goals. :)

Replies

• heathermariew
    Options
    Im trying to lose 30 by May 21st but I weigh 210 YIKES :( Just bought a heartrate monitor going to try it out tonight and do Zumba. good luck add me if you would like we can motivate eachother the next 3 months.
  • jbrookeh
    jbrookeh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Brooke. I'm a mom of 3, 30 yrs old and trying to lose 30-35 lbs. by the end of April. Or get as close to that as possible. So far (I'm in my 2nd week of sticking to it) I have lost 3 pounds. I just started walking everyday but I live in Michigan and it's winter. As long as the weather cooperates, I'll keep at it. What is your exercise routine like?
  • camilleesqueda
    Options
    I'm trying to get down to 135/140 by the summer so we're in the same boat. Currently weigh 155 but came down from 160. I just want to fit in a size 6 and be able to wear a bathing suit without hiding, haha! :) Good luck to you!!! :)
  • tebbs915
    tebbs915 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat-- trying to get down to 135/140 by May 12! friend me inf you're interested!
  • joshswifey2011
    joshswifey2011 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Same here need to lose by May 14th.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Me too! 27 to go! Let's do this!
  • drivingtodothis
    drivingtodothis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! I'm 166 and I am trying to lose as much as possible by May too. I'll be graduating from college in the beginning of the month. We'll see how it goes :)
  • lbmeaux
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as well. I have two little ones and work full-time, so finding the time to stay motivated to exercise is hard. Friend me if you're interested. I think we could all use a little support and encouragement.
  • jodibethG
    jodibethG Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get down to 135/140 by summer, so we are all pretty close. I need the motivation and would love to have the support. I tend to fall off the wagon when I don't have someone holding me accountable! :smile:
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE??????

Same boat, here, peeps.
    30 pounds...

Ay, Dios mio
  • hazyupsydaisy
    hazyupsydaisy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll--I'm 34, newly engaged, and planning a wedding.

I'm supposed to start wedding dress hunting in about 2 months, and am stressing over the extra poundage I'm carrying.

I'm looking to lose 30 lbs by my wedding date (1/26/13); ideally, I'd like to lose it by my birthday (early Sept.)

So I'm looking for support buddies and motivation!!
  • barbarella90
    Options
    Add me to the group. I would love to lose it by May too. My problem is I get home late and am too tired to exercise. Good luck to all of us!!! WE can do it.
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and just had my 4th baby. Joined MFP last week and currently weigh 154. My birthday is May 16 and I would like to lose 30 lbs by then, too. :) I think it could be doable with hard work, but even if I am close to that by my birthday i would be happy. Any progress is good! Feel free to request me as a friend. I check in here (on my feed and the MB) quite a bit.
  • lhenzki5781
    Options
    Hi! I want to loose 25 pounds by end of April too! I started 1200 calorie diet with 30 minutes 3.0 MPH walking and loose 6 kilos is 1 and half months.. Calorie precentage 30/35/35 Fat/Protein/Carb - so i think is possible and doable to loose 25 to 30 pounds in 3 months with hard work and decipline! now i am adding one hour aerobic exercise while still maintaining 1200 Calorie goal and looking forward to reach my goal faster..I would love to join this group! please add me! We can do this!! :)
  • mint0429
    Options
    im trying to lose 30pounds more too.. and its been a hard time for me now..since i lost some weight, its harder to lose the same weight like when u get started.. you can add me :)
  • thpeek
    thpeek Posts: 76
    Options
    I started out at 176 and now I am down to 149. My goal weight is 115-125 so I am about half way to my goal. I am trying to get down to 135 by April 14, 2012 which is 14 pounds in 6 weeks, about 2 pounds a week, and not gain any of it back on my 2 week Hawaiian Cruise!
  • Bellamia4910
    Options
    I'm a mom and I'm trying to lose 20 lbs. by Easter. I have a lot more to lose, but that's my short term goal.
  • Jennyjune24
    Options
    been trying to loose those 30 ibs for years now. hoping this will help me suceed this time. good luck to all
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me- I'm hoping to lose about 30 pounds by summer (and 10 more after that to hit my ultimate goal ;)

:bigsmile: "Eye of the Tiger" bay-bee!!!
  • Diveryanfitness
    Options
    I was going to lead a dive trip to the Bahamas at the end of April, and after "falling off the wagon" for a couple months I'm back and on the right path again!

I'm not trying to loose that much, as I've already lost most of what I wanted to, but having buddies to help motivate you, bug you to log in if you haven't logged in for a few days, and just support you is a great thing. I want to lose about 10-15 more pounds and continue to get my body fat % towards 16-18%.

Unfortunately, my dad's health has taken a turn for the worse so I'm having one of my Divemasters lead my trip instead, just in case anything happens with my dad I'd like to be around... anyway, feel free to add me as a buddy!