Help!

Options
So my first week of dieting I lost 3lbs already. It's great but I'm suppose to be at 1300 calories a day and only getting between 900-1100..I eat every 2-3 hours, it's so much harder to get all those calories in when you eat healthy! I feel like if I eat more than I do now, I'm eating too much.. Is it really crucial I eat 1300 cals a day? Thanks!

Deanna

Replies

• newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Definitely should never go below 1200 cals a day. It will put your body into starvation mode and slow your metabolism. Take a look at my diary, and others of course, for some snack ideas or higher caloric meals. Even a nonfat yogurt is a lot of calories (about 120-130). I don't seem to have any problems finding calories, lol. They find me :laugh:
  • DeannaPaige1
    DeannaPaige1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Your right, I just need to find foods with more calories in it. I'm just scared I will not loose weight! How long did it take you to loose 25lbs?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    what kind of foods are you eating?? I am currently eating 3500 calories a day and still losing a pound a week and really don't have any problem eating to my caloric intake and eating healthy... Do you eat nuts (Almonds, Pistachios, etc) Good source of healthy fats and calories... I eat peanut butter everyday as well...
  • nyredhead23
    Options
    I agree! Calories have a bad habit of finding me!
  • DeannaPaige1
    Options
    Wow! If I ate that many calories Id prob. be twice my size lol! Men loose weight faster than women anyways. For the past 5 days I have been eating the same things..Granola bar for breakfast..for snakes I eat fruits veggies and cheese..lunch rotiserie chicken ( only breast ) with pickles. and for dinner grilled chicken ( mrs dash seasons ) with avacado. It's working for me but I'm under what my doctor said I should be which is 1300..she also advised me to eat everything I just mentioned. I was put on Phentermine but it made me all weird and crash after a few hours so now I'm doing it all by myself.
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    It took 7 months to lose 43 pounds but I wasn't exercising for the first 4 months. (I joined MFP after the first 20 came off, that's why it only says 23lbs.) I'm averaging about a pound per week. It really picked up since I started exercising though. Is your breakfast just a granola bar? Try adding a yogurt or banana each morning to it. With your chicken at lunchtime, you can add a pepperidge farm deli flat for 100 calories or one slice of any healthy type of bread. I just found pepperidge farm oatmeal bread. It's 120 cals. With dinner you can have a baked yam (I put it in the microwave) or barley, etc. The key is variety and color. Go for the bright colored veggies and fruits (red, blue, yellow, orange, green, etc). I know I'm suggesting mostly carbs but from what you said, this might be what you're lacking. These are the carbs that are ok, unlike the processed sugar.
  • DeannaPaige1
    Options
    43 in 7 months is great! & It's amazing how you didn't exercise for the first 4 months, goo you! I only eat the granola bar..I tried some lite yogurt today but couldn't get much in..I was pretty full. This past week I pretty much trained myself how to eat better some what. Every 2 hours I eat something small. I'm really picky..I only eat chicken when it comes to any type of meats.Right now I'm on a blueberry kick.

Deanna