Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

C25K distances?

Just curious as to how far people are getting doing the C25K program in the first few weeks. I started on a treadmill and the first week I was going about 1.75 miles. Then I started using the track instead since my ultimate goal is to run a road race 5K. I just finished week 3 today and I'm up to 2 miles even each workout. Starting week 4 tuesday and the runs are longer, making me think that the distance should start to get longer too, right?

Anyway...is anyone else keeping track of the distance they're going?

Replies

• You just made me curious so I just tracked the route I did the other day for W1D2 and that was 3.5k. I'm pretty slow so I guess as I get faster and run for longer the route length will increase!
  • Bump - I am also interested in this answer
  • I'm in week 6 and I don't remember ever getting over 2 miles. Depends on how fast you run of course. I walk at 3mph, run at 5mph. I plan on bumping both speeds soon!
  • alliesun53
    alliesun53 Posts: 160 Member
    Good to know. I know I'm a slow runner, but I just wanted to see what other people do...have a bar set for myself I suppose. lol.
  • mikingtx
    mikingtx Posts: 3 Member
    at Week 5, Day 1 I was getting in 2.25 - 2.5 miles.

I definitely complete more outside than on a treadmill. The playlist is great motivator to maintain pace.
  • Ran a bit faster than normal tonight. On week 6, day 2 and I ran at 5.3mph. Went 2.25 miles. Kicked my butt today though!!
  • Alexmn75
    Alexmn75 Posts: 16 Member
    I did W4D1 today on a treadmill and went 1.9 miles. When I did the same outside last fall i was about 2.1 miles for the same time.
  • pigwidgeon82
    pigwidgeon82 Posts: 79 Member
    the first time i did it i never got to 3 miles. just a little over 2. but i think it's important to focus on the length of time you are running. as you progress, you will get faster and cover more ground.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    I just did W3D1 today. Distance was a little under 2 miles.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Week 6, Workout 2 I did today I did 2.75 miles in 35 minutes. I walk at 3, run at 6 (which is really what you should run to pace a 5k in the 30 minutes it takes during week 9). Next workout (Week 6, Day 3) I'll do 3 miles during the workout (In 35 minutes).
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Started W1D1 today.....and I am still alive.
    I use Endomondo and Sports Tracker and between both of them it looks like I did right at 2 miles.
    The 2nd 60 second run coincided with a hill. I almost gave up. I think I will plan my route a little better next time.