? for women using IMPLANON...

Options
Now0rNever
Now0rNever Posts: 69 Member
I just got my implanon implant for birth control on last wednesday..so far my appetite has been the same..I've been working out and everything as usual..I haven't lost any, just the same weight but i've credited that to my strength training..I have notice my clothes fit better, and are more lose.....HOWEVER I'm. just getting a little worried people have told me they gained weight on it (IMPLANON) they say they gain instantly w/out any diet changes...This is weird I figure they just started eating more...Just wondering if any of you experienced weight gain while using the implant... Thanks in advance!

Replies

• lexie516
    lexie516 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    HEY HUN IV BEEN ON IMPLANON FOR A YEAR NOW I DONT RECALL GAINING WEIGHT N IF I DID IT WAS BECUZ OF MY OWN NEGLEGENCE....BUT SO FAR SO GOOD N I HAVE LOST WEIGHT SENSE BEIN ON IT....ONLY ISSUSE I HAVE IF EVEN AN ISSUE MY CYCLE IS CRAZY IRREGULAR...BUT ITS THE BEST I LOVE IT....I HOPE THE SWELLING N STUFF N UR ARM HAS GONE DOWN...IT HURT THE FIRST WEEK N THE BRUSING GOES AWAY WITH TIME AS WELL...GOOD LUCK N JUS KEEP DOIN WAT U DOIN HEALTH WISE TO SEE WEIGHT LOSS TRUST ITS NOT THE BIRTH CONTROL...BUT HEY EVERYONES DIFFERENT TOO,,,,,GOOD LUCK HUNNY
  • Now0rNever
    Options
    HEY HUN IV BEEN ON IMPLANON FOR A YEAR NOW I DONT RECALL GAINING WEIGHT N IF I DID IT WAS BECUZ OF MY OWN NEGLEGENCE....BUT SO FAR SO GOOD N I HAVE LOST WEIGHT SENSE BEIN ON IT....ONLY ISSUSE I HAVE IF EVEN AN ISSUE MY CYCLE IS CRAZY IRREGULAR...BUT ITS THE BEST I LOVE IT....I HOPE THE SWELLING N STUFF N UR ARM HAS GONE DOWN...IT HURT THE FIRST WEEK N THE BRUSING GOES AWAY WITH TIME AS WELL...GOOD LUCK N JUS KEEP DOIN WAT U DOIN HEALTH WISE TO SEE WEIGHT LOSS TRUST ITS NOT THE BIRTH CONTROL...BUT HEY EVERYONES DIFFERENT TOO,,,,,GOOD LUCK HUNNY

THANKS !!! I appreciate it!! I can tell I have lost inches....my scale just hasn't been moving much! but it's ok! long as i know i'm doing my part! :)
  • arking04
    arking04 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I work in women's health and I've found that most of the hormonal birth control methods will list weight gain as a possible side effect. From personal experience and my experience as a healthcare provider, it varies greatly from person to person, and if you're staying on top of your diet and exercise, it shouldn't be a problem. :)
  • Now0rNever
    Options
    I work in women's health and I've found that most of the hormonal birth control methods will list weight gain as a possible side effect. From personal experience and my experience as a healthcare provider, it varies greatly from person to person, and if you're staying on top of your diet and exercise, it shouldn't be a problem. :)

thanks! that is the same thing i figured:)