I need to lose about 35-40 lbs more

Options
Hi everyone.. 42 year old mom and wife on a journey to lose weight and keep it off! I am currently 180 lbs., down from 197. I am 5'3". At this time I'd like to get down to about 145 (I was there about 8 years ago and liked it!). I am not currently exercising. (if you don't count constant housework exercise.).

My initial goal was to consume between 1200-1400 calories a day, however, I am barely able to consume 1000-1100. I feel fine, I know if I were exercising I would have to bump up my calories.. that being said, I'm doing good right now.

I'm looking for supportive positive people who are on a serious journey to lose weight like me!

Replies

• gg9nerak
    gg9nerak Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey...I'm 5'2" and I am trying to lose down to 130 lb...but 140 would be great, too. I am down from 205 and have been concertedly losing weight for a little over 7 weeks. Oh and I just turned 50.
  • sarahu8226
    Options
    @gg9nerak that is awesome you've lost so much already!! I am 5'2" as well and weighed 230 to start, so far I've lost 3 pounds...lol :) What did you do to get the weight off and so quickly??
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm a 55 year old mom of three, wife, and teacher. I started here in October at 5'5 1/2", 179 lbs. Current Weight: 155. Goal weight: 135. I'm doing this because I need to get healthy for me as well as all those I care for in my life.
  • Cate1898
    Cate1898 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and weigh 176 lbs. I want to get down to at least 130- maybe less. I'll see if I ever get down there! I was 105 in high school but that's ancient history. I am 53 and find it difficult losing weight nowadays. I also need help getting and staying motivated and would like to have some online friends so that we could help each other. Feel free to add me as a friend!
    Cate
  • kfrancisco92
    Options
    I am 5'7 and 235 and only 19! AH! SO i am beginning my struggle with weight early due to many knee issues. Im a mother of one and attend college full time and am getting married in April (would prefer to be smaller than my fiance). I need support also because it is hard for me to not just go stop at a fast food place for a quick meal. Hope your journey goes well! :)
  • confuzzledwife
    Options
    Hello everyone! Thank you all for the replies! :)
    I am still learning my way around this site.. but it SO nice to see such accepting, supportive folks out here!

I have been looking for a site like this for a long time.... it's really a breath of fresh air coming over here, reading through the posts, etc.,

Hope you're all having a fantastic night! :happy: