For people with Flat Feet

Options
When doing HIIT (or any jumping for that matter), what helps the arch pain to make it endurable? I have the cardio capacity for intensive workouts, but sometimes I have to stop because my arches are burning. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Replies

• SERinDC
    SERinDC Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Do you have orthodics? See a podiatrist and get fitted for a pair. I can't exercise without them!
  • STurbs33
    STurbs33 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Definitely orthotics. I have a set for every pair of shoes I own (even soccer cleats and hockey skates). I don't think I'd be able to be so active without them. You should really look into getting a pair.
  • TiffTerry
    Options
    Thanks! I will definitely be looking into some.
  • StephnElbow
    StephnElbow Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    custom orthodics from a podiatrist are the best, and the only way my feet actually allow me to run and jump. but these type take awhile to order since they need to be molded to your feet.

if you just want a pair of cheap but good quality ones that you can start out on use this site, http://www.alevafootcare.com/. they are very cheap.

i would recommend to NOT get the doctor scholls ones at walgreens, etc. they do not last long at all and they are not made to hold your arch up as well. :)