Can you do 100 pushups?!

Options
I definitely, cannot, yet.. I used to when I was a teenager, but I'm working my way back up. Found "Groups » 100 Push Ups Here We Come!" and starting tomorrow 2/27 on the 6 week program found at hundredpushups.com. Feel free to join us, or at least come cheer us on!

So far there is only one other person starting tomorrow, unless you want to join in!

Replies

• firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'm interested. I'm doing Insanity so I do push up almost every day.
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I could when I did p90x but have gotten out of "push up shape" so to speak... I max out around 40 :-(... Have done 1month of insanity and loved it... However my knee not so much... I'm thinking of starting a hybrid
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Week 1, Day 1 complete. Hope to see some others post in the group! :)
  • ti2v78
    ti2v78 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes :)
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I can't even do 100 imaginary pushups.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    My max was 80 a couple of years back. I love a good challenge though... :bigsmile:
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm using a 100 pushups training program to do this, 200 sit-ups and 200 squats.
  • TiffTerry
    Options
    I just finished week 2 day 1! I am doing insanity and I am also on my second week in that. Doing the 100 push-ups program along with insanity is really challenging, but I am seeing a huge difference in strength in just one week.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I sure can't.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I did a test the other day and did 50 consecutive pushups. I'm happy with that and don't really feel like I need to be able to do more. I'll keep it at that level (...for now...) and focus on increasing my max strength.
  • RachelGraceReed83
    RachelGraceReed83 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    can I join in? and start tomorrow!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I'm doing that and its definitely rough but each week you pick it up slowly and this is why i absolutely love it. I'm on week 2
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I made it to Week 4 on that Challenge but then one morning I felt like I was broken and just couldn't do it. The first set killed me. Sad story so now I just try to do a few more every day and I'm getting there.... slowly and app-free.
  • candisrn
    Options
    If I did a push up it would have to be the one's for girls and I bet I could only do 5 or so. I have a bad unstable back any ideas for exercise that will strengthen my core without hurting my back?
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    In any designated time? or in just one shot? I can get 100 in about 3 min...
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I can do thirty! Give me a couple of months... I'll get to one hundred eventually.

*ETA: Thirty in a row, I mean. I can do more if I rest in between sets, but I'd like to be able to do one hundred push-ups without stopping.
  • candisrn
    Options
    you are so funny!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    If I did a push up it would have to be the one's for girls and I bet I could only do 5 or so. I have a bad unstable back any ideas for exercise that will strengthen my core without hurting my back?

That's a tough one. I'd be hesitant to give out any advice without knowing your physical limitations and would strongly recommend talking to a physio before starting a workout program. There are exercises that will work your core, but almost all of them engage (if not strain) the muscles in your back.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i wish can i have four hours to do 100 that way. then yes i am in not i'll cheer you all on
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I liked the hundred push ups site! They've got squats and tricep dips too!