What is a 'serve' of spaghetti (uncooked)

Options
Hello All!

I am having spaghetti bol for dinner tonight and I am cooking some wholemeal spaghetti to go with the sauce. I am not sure how much a serve is dry/uncooked.

HELP PLEASE :)

Replies

• becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    2 oz uncooked
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    2 oz uncooked

This what my whole wheat spaghetti says too, which really isn't much. Very high in carbs and calories so also easy to go way over on calories .
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys!
  • mandymichel
    Options
    Just look at the box and it will tell you how many servings are in it and how many calories per serving. Then put out a bunch of plates and divide all the spaghetti up into however many piles that there are servings. Move the noodles around so that all of the piles look about the same. Then use however many servings you need (one pile if it's just you, two piles if it's for two people, etc.). Put the rest of the spaghetti back in the box and write a number on the box to let you know how many servings are left so you don't have to guess at it next time.
  • Suziq1023
    Suziq1023 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    At last a question I can answer :). Dry and held in your hand approximate diameter of a quarter. Cooked = about one cup.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    A serving of the spaghetti I use is 85 grams. According to my food scale, each strand of spaghetti is a gram. So...85 strands.
  • Maystar80
    Maystar80 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    yeah, I just try to divide it up by how many servings the box says it has, and then I know 1 cup of cooked spaghetti is about 200 cals. I really wish they would make it easier for us to measure, like tell us how many dried sticks or something are in one serving! haha, more counting, but at least that would be precise.
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    2 oz uncooked= one cup cooked
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I am having spaghetti bol for dinner tonight and I am cooking some wholemeal spaghetti to go with the sauce. I am not sure how much a serve is dry/uncooked.

HELP PLEASE :)

It should say on the packet,

My pack says - 75g uncooked, which is 170g cooked.