Need Creative Ideas for Soldier Please :]

Options
Hey Everyone!

So my boyfriend is in Basic Training and I have to stop sending letters by March 1st (Thursday). I am trying to think of creative things to send that isn't just an ordinary letter. I can't send any food or anything like that. I've sent pictures and an origami swan. I've even outlined my hand. Does anyone have any creative/ unique ideas I can put in letter form to send him? I can't draw for anything haha. Any ideas are much appreciated!!!

Replies

• snewsome7
    Options
    bump*
  • Monkee_Magic
    Monkee_Magic Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Pictures are great, but not of spectacular events, just the little things, like showing what you had for breakfast with a smiley face. It doesn't have to be deep and meaningful, just little things to keep up the knowledge that you are there for him. Just the things that make you smile or remind you of him. Hope that helps. Wish him good luck.
  • javaruck
    javaruck Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I would just send lots of letters with nothing that would draw any attention should a drill instructor see it. While in basic (boot camp for the Marines in my case), the drill instructors have a tendency to zero in on anything out of the ordinary and it could make things tough. Trust me, your boyfriend will appreciate your letters so write often as chances are, it will be his only conduit to what is going on at home. Phone calls are rare until after graduation.

My son is serving in the Air Force right now and I know that he would echo my advice as he witnessed similar drill instructor behavior. Best of luck to your boyfriend - basic training is tough but the time goes by quickly all things considered.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I wish more people would comment I would like to know this as well :)

But one thing I did a few years back was I made my own word search and crossword for my now husband when he was deployed. I made all the words and clues something about "us" ie What is my favorite show, what month did we start dating.... They were all pretty simple but you can get as complicated or creative as you want. Plus drawing out the crossword or word search really isn't hard at all. Just took some time to get it perfect. And if gives him something fun and different to do on his down time. :)
  • snewsome7
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the ideas! I have been writing pretty much every day since he left January 2nd. I just wanted something creative to send by Thursday (along with letters) that will hold him over until graduation on March 15th. We have to stop sending 2 weeks before graduation so the mail can be sorted and what not. I like the crossword/word search idea! I will try to do that tomorrow! Thanks again!