New 22 y/o girl wanting to add people with similiar goals. :

Options
Hey. :) I'm new here, and wanted to find some goal driven people with similar goals to help keep each other accountable. I'm 22, and hit a rock about 2 few years ago. I started gaining weight very rapidly, doctors did not know why and it seemed like nothing I did would make me lose the weight. I started getting depressed because I have always been slender and I started this life of feeling out of my comfort zone, and like everybody was laughing at me because I gained weight. It has not been easy but I really want to get over this and move past it.
I am here to lose the weight once and for all and take my life back. It's hard to do it on our own, that's why I am hoping to find some people here who may be going through the same thing. But I don't want to add people that are negative- I'm moving past this and need happiness in my life! :)

Jolie

Replies

• fanguskhan
    Options
    Hi! Glad to have you join us on this wonderful, challenging, and rewarding journey to a healthier life!

First off, forget what those people said when they made fun of your weight. If you love yourself for who you are and who you are not, then what everyone else thinks does not matter. Embrace the fact that you are not who you want to be right now and you'll be able to derive energy and power from that; energy and power which will drive you to accomplish your weight-loss goals.

Secondly - have a clear vision of what you are looking in terms of a transformation. Do you want more muscle? Do you want less body fat? At what point would you be happy? There is always room for improvement, but it's necessary to know where to stop before things get out of control.

Thirdly - Congrats on taking the 1st step to a healthier life! =D

- Mark
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    I'm a 22 year old soon to be college grad.
    I'm 5'6
    SW: 170
    CW: 161
    GW: 130-140

I eat clean and I train real hard. I lift heavy and I LOVE it!
    If I sound like someone you would like on your team, add me!

Good luck on your journey!:drinker:
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    hey,

Im 29 and have joined here as i've been fed up of keep setting the same goal &never quite making it as i dont get the progress and then have lost interest.I have to say this time with mfp has been the longest i've seen it through and with the good weight loss and suport I WILL reach the end-FACT!!! This is my time to do it &walk around proud with the body i've always wanted.

I balance my mum lifestyle with exercise very well & feel im pretty positive on that front. Feel free to add me women-women we'll do it!! :-) and good luck.x x x
  • Chanels_mom
    Chanels_mom Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also have about 74 pounds to lose and would be more than glad to encourage you along the way!
  • GThinMintG
    GThinMintG Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP. I love this site. It has really helped me lose weight. I've been chubby for most of my life, but going to college and drinking alcohol has made it MUCH worse. I try to eat very little processed foods, take spin classes, a swim class, and do insanity on a sporadic basis (hopefully in the next few months I can do the whole program).
    stats:
    I'm 22 and just shy of 5'11
    SW: 250
    CW:223.4
    GW: 189-For now : )
    If you think we'd be a good match add me! We can motivate each other.