Salmon recipes needed.

Options
slimmersooner
slimmersooner Posts: 28 Member
I am making salmon fillets for company and want a yummy recipe that fits into my eating plan. Any suggestions?

Replies

• hmb0626
    hmb0626 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is a Rachel Ray recipe.. I know it sounds odd, but it is really good..

Ingredients

4 cups chicken broth
    2 limes2 long strips of zest, 2 teaspoons of juice, and slices for garnish
    1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
    8 basil leaves
    4 salmon fillets (about 1-3/4 pounds total)
    2 teaspoons cornstarch

Directions

In a medium skillet with a tight-fitting lid, boil the chicken broth over high heat until reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Reduce to a simmer and add the lime zest, lime juice, coconut milk and basil. Place the salmon, skin side up, in the simmering broth, cover and poach over low heat uMeanwhile, heat a medintil opaque, about 10 minutes.
    Transfer the cooked salmon fillets to serving plates. Remove the lime zest and bring the poaching liquid to a boil. In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tablespoons of cold water and whisk into the boiling liquid. Lower the heat and continue whisking until the coconut sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Spoon some sauce over each fillet.
  • slimmersooner
    Options
    Yumm. That sounds really good to me. I love coconut flavored stuff. One could use light coconut milk for less calories too.
  • Jeriblueyes
    Options
    A simple recipe I love and use often... Marinate your salmon filets in lime juice and sprinkle lemon zest (grated lemon peel) on top of each filet. Bake until salmon turns pink and then broil for a nice crisp on the top of fish.
    It's super low calorie and very yummy!:wink:
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    It's amazing wish just lemon juice and garlic. It really brings out the natural flavors! Simple and delicious.
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I grill mine laid on a bed of fresh herbs, whatever your favorite herbs are (fresh). They sear to the bottom. Lightly cover with tin foil and baste with just olive oil lemon juice blend which you can season a bit if you like.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Simple and they'll want to know how you did it.

I do this with a side of salmon.

1. De-bone salmon.
    2. Put butter and FRESH basil into a food processor...process...= basil butter
    3. Cut slits at a 45 degree angle into the salmon every 2 or 3 inches.
    4. Pack in the basil butter
    5. Cook in the oven @ 350 until it's done in the center. It doesn't take too long.
  • abetterjune
    Options
    I love salmon quinoa cakes. Every time I make them they turn out a little bit different. But always delicious. And my two year old chows on them. Here's the basic recipe with lots of room for additions.

1 cup finely chopped onion
    1 large handful fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
    1 to 1 1/2 pounds salmon
    1 cup cooked quinoa
    Salt/ pepper to taste

Mix all the ingredients together (sometimes I'll pop them in the food processor for a minute) and form into patties. I usually get 4-8 patties, depending on size. Heat up your skillet on medium to medium-high. Add some olive oil and cook 3-5 minutes per side.

Sometimes I'll mix in a handful of shredded cheese before cooking the patties. Also, you could probably use uncooked salmon as long as you make sure to fully cook it when you fry the patties though I usually use cooked.

Enjoy your evening!
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    A simple recipe I love and use often.

Fill a small jar halfway with EVOO (with maybe a little toasted sesame oil for flavor if you have it.) Fill the other half with fresh squeezed lemon juice (you can use bottled lemon juice if you want) put a couple of cloves of mashed or finely minced garlic into this, put the lid on the jar and shake it all up.

Then grease with butter (or use non stick spray oil) on a metal or pyrex baking dish.

Put the Salmon filet on the greased dish skin side down (important). Then with a basting brush (I use a paint brush devoted to basting) lightly brush the shaken lemon/EVOO/garlic mixture onto the top flesh part of the salmon filets. Don't use too much, you don't want it to run down onto the dish, just brush enough on to stick to the top of the fish (important). If you don't have a basting brush just use your fingers to lightly sprinkle drops of the liquid onto the tops of the fish.

Then just cook as you normally would salmon, usually frozen packaged salmon comes with baking instructions. 20 to 25 minutes at 400F is about right for 1 to 3 thawed average sized filets.

Good luck!
  • slimmersooner
    Options
    Wow, these all sound so good I think I will have to have company multiple times to try them all! Thank you all very much. I seriously will try every one one of the recipes! Thanks again.
  • missfayefaye
    Options
    I'd definitely recommend Gordon Ramsay's Crispy Salmon recipe. It's absolutely simple and delicious. If you are watching your carbs, you can replace some potatoes with turnips.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSrR0CsbGWs
  • jfcameron23
    jfcameron23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love salmon grilled on cedar planks
  • slimmersooner
    Options
    I too love it on cedar planks!

I will check out that video too.

Thanks to all. Love all the ideas.
  • 2Phat1
    2Phat1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1. Make a sweet potato rosti and grill or fry in a couple of sprays of cooking spray.
    2. Take a salmon fillet skin on and fry (light spray of cooking oil) skin side down for 3 minutes then turn and cook the other side also for 3 minutes (moderate heat.
    3. Steam some asparagus
    4. Prepare a poached egg
    5. Dollop of natural or greek style yoghurt.

Compile: rosti on plate, salmon skin side up on rosti, 3 asparagus spears on top of salmon, poached egg on top of asparagus and dollop of yoghurt drizzled over.

It looks great, it tastes fantastic and comes in at a bit under 400 calories.
  • Chanels_mom
    Chanels_mom Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • azjlmar123
    azjlmar123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms makes a delish sugar free, fat free, zero calorie maple syrup. I drizzle some on my salmon along with a bit of spices i have in the cupboard - garlic, ginger, rosemary, etc. sounds awful but tastes yummy.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I second this! I put it in the oven, in a foil packet with some butter, minced garlic, lemon juice, and some thinly sliced lemon wedges.

It's amazing wish just lemon juice and garlic. It really brings out the natural flavors! Simple and delicious.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Sounds sooooo good :)
    1. Make a sweet potato rosti and grill or fry in a couple of sprays of cooking spray.
    2. Take a salmon fillet skin on and fry (light spray of cooking oil) skin side down for 3 minutes then turn and cook the other side also for 3 minutes (moderate heat.
    3. Steam some asparagus
    4. Prepare a poached egg
    5. Dollop of natural or greek style yoghurt.

Compile: rosti on plate, salmon skin side up on rosti, 3 asparagus spears on top of salmon, poached egg on top of asparagus and dollop of yoghurt drizzled over.

It looks great, it tastes fantastic and comes in at a bit under 400 calories.
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    bumping for later too, plain salmon on a george foreman grill is the best salmon i'v ever tasted, although be warned, stinks soooo bad
  • shortstuff189
    Options
    Try this, I love it & people always ask me for the recipe!

Salmon fillet
    Prosciutto Ham
    Philadelphia (Cream Cheese)

Butter the top of the salmon with a layer philadelphia.
    Wrap the salmon in prosciutto ham (sort of air tight)
    Put in the oven for 20 mins and bake at 200degrees in an oven fan!

Yum! Salt from proscioutto really brings out the flavour!
  • YouUsedToBeHot
    Options
    This is a big favourite in our family - my six year old loves it!!:

Ingredients for 1 serving:
    Salmon fillet
    1/2 red pepper (capsicum)
    1 spring onion
    1 tablespoon Soy sauce

Pre-heat oven to 180C. Lay salmon fillet on tinfoil & cover with sliced pepper and spring onion. Drizzle generously with soy sauce. Wrap the top of the foil over the salmon leaving a gap at the top. Bake for 15 mins. Serve with dollop of creme fraiche & carb of your choice (rice is nice).

Enjoy!