Unusual exercise calories

Options
Hi, I've been using this for about a week and think its excellent but I'm confused, when I entered my zumba class last week it said I burned 700 calories, this week for the same amount of time it says 1440. I've had this with the dog walking. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong??

Thanks

Replies

• herownkindofwonderfull
    Options
    I'm not sure I really understand your question. It seems like you're asking why you burned more according to this website walking the dog vs. your zumba class. My suggestion would be to not rely on the burned calories listed on this website; they may be wrong. If you want accuracy, I would invest in a heart rate monitor / calorie burn counter (they sell them at REI and Sports Authority, and online on Amazon, etc.). That will be the most accurate way to count the calories you are burning.
  • Debsea01
    Debsea01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the confusion, I'm saying last week an hours zumba said I'd burn 700 calories this week it says an hours zumba will burn 1440 calories?
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    Options
    Is it a duplicate category perhaps (says the same activity, but lists different stats)? I am not sure why it would be doing that. I haven't quite had that issue on here yet.