Hello! :)

Options
My name is Heather, and I am currently on a mission to lose 50+ lbs (which I've almost lost 10 of since starting this program about two weeks ago - YEAH!). I'm 24 years old and from California. I work full time and am currently assigned to working graveyards (ah!!!). To top that off, I also am a full time student (I'm an art major - Specifically getting into sculpture).. so lets just say to make this whole exercise/calorie counting thing work, I am reallllllyyyyyy jumping from one place to another!!! But so far, it's working! :)

I started this program when I realized my weight had gone back up again to over 200lbs (211 at my last doctors visit the first week or two of the month). I used to weigh 155lbs prior to starting my career 5 years ago - the atmosphere I work is highly stressful and the food served here is terrible for you - but it's free, so it's quite tempting to eat it. Of course, that put me up to 175+ in my first two years, and then a pregnancy and loss of the baby led to me hitting my highest weight at 127lbs in 2009. I was able to get back down to 173lbs in 2010, but then re-gained after an injury and it just kept building on. I also stopped working out, and stopped watching my diet. Probably due to my relationship, and my boyfriend always cooking but not caring so much about what he was cooking with. And.... there's the fact that I LOVE to bake. :X

So, that's basically my story! About a week and a half ago, I joined this website and started working out 60-120 minutes per day, as well as watching my diet/calorie intake. In that span, I have managed to lose 9lbs (probably more, since I haven't weighed in yet --- that's scheduled for Friday this week!). I love using the elliptical, and feel I get the best workout without straining myself (I have a prior knee injury that KILLS me on the treadmill if I try to do anything high-impact like running). I have also started taking multivitamins, as well as a B-Complex, Cranberry Supplement, Vitamin C, and... there was something else... lol Don't remember.

Any way... that's my story! I would love to make new friends on here to both help support and gain support from on this journey!! We all have the potential to do it, and to keep it off!! It's just a matter of keeping this new lifestyle :)

-Heather

Replies

• ksizzle911
    ksizzle911 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you Heather! Feel free to add me. I have my story listed on my profile, but just a little background... I'm 26 years old from Wisconsin. Been on a weight loss journey for over 1 1/2 years (2 years mid June) I've lost a total of 72 pounds since then, 44 pounds since Nov 15th ( I had maintained for awhile and then started gaining back). I feel so much better after dropping what I have so far. My end goal will be 120 pounds so I'm over halfway there =) Hope to talk to you soon!
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
    im 26 years old and ive lost 12 pounds so far.Ive still got another 18lbs to lose to get me to my goal of 118lbs, im hoping to reach my goal by 9th may :noway: :bigsmile:
  • kritterxx
    kritterxx Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi there Heather! I'm Katya, very nice to meet you (:

First off, well done on your amazing weightloss! 9lbs in two weeks; that's so great.
    I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your baby, that's awful. I can't imagine how that must have felt.

As someone with really bad ankles, I totally get your love for the elliptical haha! I walk a fair bit, but it can get really painful. I've got collapsed arches ):

I've only been on the website a month, but I've lost 18lbs in that time, and am aiming to lose at least 12 more this month alone! I don't eat very much, but I do work out a lot, and am always supportive (: if you're interested in being MFP friends, just shoot me an invite (: good luck with everything!
  • Aussieswife
    Options
    Hi Heather
    Fell free to add me too im new as well, i would like to lose 22lbs im starting off small i know i need to lose more but if i can lose 22lbs then i can lose another 22lbs and maybe then get to my goal weight,
    Well done in losing so much in two weeks, i was weighed last Wednesday and im being weighed again today so i will see if i have lost anything (would be nice)
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    Options
    Hi Heather
    Fell free to add me too im new as well, i would like to lose 22lbs im starting off small i know i need to lose more but if i can lose 22lbs then i can lose another 22lbs and maybe then get to my goal weight,
    Well done in losing so much in two weeks, i was weighed last Wednesday and im being weighed again today so i will see if i have lost anything (would be nice)

Awesome! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!