My take on Miracle Noodles!

TiffaniBarrett
TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
Hi!!

As my MFP friends will know, I ordered some Miracle Noodles - Shirataki Pasta from Amazon last week. I got 6 packs for £15.60. I am going to be brutally honest...promise!! I am a very fussy eater!!

So, I got them today - and yes, I'm not going to lie, I could smell them slightly through the packet. They look like creamy/clear soft pasta in a clear liquid. Anyway, I did what the packet said - I emptied the packet and rinsed under cold water for about 10-15 secs. I did it twice (for good measure)! Yes, they smell like fish when you open them, but after they have been soaked then you can hardly smell them at all! Then after that I patted them with a paper towel (because that is what it said to do). I think that maybe if you pop the paper towel on a plate and pop the noodles on top - then the water will soak out better.

IMG-20120227-00074.jpg

After that, I popped them in a bowl in the microwave for about 40 seconds (rather than boil them in water like the packet said). I did this purely because its what I saw in another post. I wanted to try them plain, so I had a little taste of one at this point. They are completely tasteless, and quite sluuuurrrppppyyyy - but if you like sluuurrrpppppyyy then you are all good!!

I was kinda in a rush tonight, as I got home from the gym at like half 8 - and I was STARRRVVINNNGG. So what I did was cook up 200g of quorn chicken. When the quorn was all cooked, I threw the pasta into the pan with it, tossed it around a bit and then added some regular tomato pasta sauce. The noodles like to stay together, so it was a bit hard trying to mix it in easily with all the chicken - but thats no biggy!!

And that was it really! Whacked it in a bowl and ate it! TBH, it was good! The pasta was still a bit slllluuuurrrpppyyy - so what I would have done to improve it would be to stir fry the noodles with the chicken a bit more before adding the sauce. As the noodles have absolutely no flavour - they soak up whatever sauce they are put with, so make sure you pack the sauce with plenty of flavour!!

I think they are a great low cal replacement for pasta - and with a bag of it being only 15cals - I am NOT going to complain!! I know I am a fussy eater, so all you people who love to eat loads of different stuff will be able to create a TONNE of dishes with great flavours. Im sure they would work absolutely great in a stirfry - or as a seafood pasta dish. Next one I am going to try will be a cheesy pasta dish!

Replies

• TiffaniBarrett
    Woaaahhh, major resizing needed! Hold onnn!
  • jshorr
    jshorr Posts: 60 Member
    Yummy! I love quorn! I used to love their southwest chicken nuggets, but they changed the recipe and aren't as tasty(still tasty though!)
  • TiffaniBarrett
    Ok I give up....my resizing wont work! grrr
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    :grumble: I ordered the same, from Amazon, at the beginning of Jan. They still haven't arrived......
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    All this slluuuuurrrrrppyyy talk is making me want it.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    i just use spiralized zuchinni
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Great review. Thanks.
  • TiffaniBarrett
    Bump. I want plenty of people to see this! xx
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Thanks for sharing, been wanting to buy these for quite some time, couldnt believe how expensive they are though! How long did it take for them to arrive?

Also - would you say that for the money you paid, it was worth it? And was a 200g portion filling and satisfying? Is one packet one portion or two? x
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    I really want to try these. I cant fins them around me so I guess I'm gonna have to break down and order them.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    I bought 4 packets to try... and I love it! This is my version of the Shirataki noodles... Stir fry with vegetables and eggs. YUMMY!

image is too big

so ... here's the link :P

http://i41.tinypic.com/2iav6ae.jpg
  • I have recently started eating Miracle Noodles. I love them as a replacement for pasta! I get the satisfaction of eating spagetti without the carbs. :) I put a lot of Sriracha sauce on them for flavor.
  • bridall
    bridall Posts: 45 Member
    I bought a different brand 'slim pasta' from my local Foodland supermarket (Australia). Looks, sounds and tastes just like what you described.
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    I bought the 'Slim Pasta' in Oz too, and made a yummy carbonara for only 216 calories. It was so good I had to post it for all to see. If you missed it, here it is--> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/495522-low-cal-spaghetti-carbonara-216-cals

I also made a thai satay type of dish with chicken the other day using Slim Pasta. That was delish too!!

Yay for pasta/noodle alternatives!
  • TiffaniBarrett
    Thanks for sharing, been wanting to buy these for quite some time, couldnt believe how expensive they are though! How long did it take for them to arrive?

Also - would you say that for the money you paid, it was worth it? And was a 200g portion filling and satisfying? Is one packet one portion or two? x

I ordered them last Thursday, and they arrived on Monday - so not long at all. One bag is 150g and that was plenty mixed with the chicken I had :-) xx
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 274 Member
    they are really expensive in the uk to order online, 6 packets and delivery in £21, pls loads of people order them as the more people that use them the cheaper they will get.
    would love to try them, anyone finds somewhere cheaper pls let me know.
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 274 Member
    just found the £15.60 ones many thanks and have just ordered them.
    looking forward to trying them.
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    just found the £15.60 ones many thanks and have just ordered them.
    looking forward to trying them.
    where'd you'd find them?x
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    they are really expensive in the uk to order online, 6 packets and delivery in £21, pls loads of people order them as the more people that use them the cheaper they will get.
    would love to try them, anyone finds somewhere cheaper pls let me know.

Also from England - does anyone know if there is an alternative in England ??????????