need help with cheese

Options
Any suggestions on any type of cheese that doesn't taste like cardboard that I can eat without feeling guilty !

Replies

• jandk09
    jandk09 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    what kind of cheese are you used to eating?
  • CrazyHedgehog
    CrazyHedgehog Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I only allow myself cheese when I go swimming before work..
    I have full fat brie, or swiss cheese etc, but I have to earn it!
    :bigsmile:
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I tend to eat a small amount of full flavoured cheese, but rarely (and with oatcakes not bread). I have eaten low-low (in the UK) which is alright.

My personal trainer is pushing me to eat cottage cheese (yuck) and I have promised to try it again.
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have been eating ff and Cabot 75% less fat
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The Cabot 75% fat free is pretty good. Since I focus on protein I eat alot of cheese. Babybel Light is good as is full fat Cheddar.
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    string cheese sticks only have 80 calories per stick for a full fat one. you could get light ones and make it even less.
  • Craighbruce
    Options
    I cheat - I make sure I take an Alli capsule (Orlistat) when I have cheese...as long as you are prepared for the 'side effects' of the Orlistat you can enjoy whatever cheese you like with a greatly reduced impact.
  • Cottage cheese is good, and I really like it so that's a brucey bonus.

Also, the low fat Cathedral City mature cheddar (UK) is nice too... I don't notice a taste difference but then I'm not a big cheese connoisseur anyway tbh!
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I love Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss, only 35 calories a wedge and yummy! For sandwiches I use cheeses made with 2% milk.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people will restric cheese from their diet. Maybe I am just lucky. I LOVE cheese and it is the one thing I continue to eat to this date. I eat any kind of cheese I want (in moderation).

To answer your question, I think Jalesberg cheese is pretty good in flavor and calorie friendly.
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Eat any kind of cheese you like as long as you don't go over your calorie target. Portion control. If you like to eat a lot of cheese, you may have to cut out some other food to allow for the calories.