Best Fitness DVD

Options
I'm 5 days into my new diet and think I am doing great but I want too do more exercise I have been doing between 30/50 minutes of walking a day so far and 20 minutes on the Wii but what I really want is too do some kind of aerobics can anyone recommend a fitness dvd to try? thanks.

Replies

• stephl21uk
    stephl21uk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    ive just started the 30 day shred only on day 5 today and no doing my weigh in till fri so dont know if it has has any effect yet but it certainly gets ya heart pumping!! ive lost 1/2 inch from my tummy and legs since starting....i only paid £5 for it on amazon (im in UK) and got free next day delivery....i love it, its hard work but gives me loads of energy xx
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hii! 30 day shred is good but I think a good aerobics DVD is Davinafit . I have it and I enjoy it! Also , if you fancy trying Zumba , the DVD is very good.
  • jakrantz
    jakrantz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I recommend anything by Jillian Michaels! I've tried many fitness DVDs and hers by far are the best. They're nice because if you're a beginner you can start with level 1 on every video and work your way up. Also, she shows you ways to modify each move if you need to make then easier or want to make them more difficult. You definitely get a great workout with any! I've tried 30 Day Shred (cardio mostly), No More Trouble Zones (strength training), and Burn Fat Boost Metabolism (cardio blast!). The hardest one of all so far is Ripped in 30....for sure not for beginners. She has a new one coming out March 9th and it's kickboxing. 30 Day Shred is a great one to start with and it's only 20 minutes. The others are around 35-40. You will really see a difference. Hope this helps!
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I think Jillian is great for starting out which is what I did. I then progressed to Insanity because I wanted something longer and more intense. P90X is also great as well.
  • ellycope
    ellycope Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I 2nd, 3rd and 4th anyone saying Jillian Michaels DVDs! I'm a convert since being on MFP - I used to do Davina workouts and they're pretty good but I didn't rate her 30 minute workouts as highly as her hour long ones and I needed something 30 minutes-ish to do before work. I'd say probably start with the 30 Day Shred (you'll find lots and lots of forum posts about this on MFP!). It's a 30 minute circuit training workout so strength moves, cardio and abs. There're 3 levels and theoretically you do level 1 for 10 days then move up and do level 2 for 10 days, etc but really you can move on earlier if it's all too easy! After that then Ripped in 30 is good. A measure of how good I think the JM DVDs are - I now get up earlier in the morning so I can do her longer ones (Banish Fat and No More Trouble Zones)!
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Jillian, give me anything with Chalene Johnson. I am currently doing Turbo Jam.
  • bronagh20
    bronagh20 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i find davina mc callare great. they puch you but they're fun and you feel like you've done a proper workout when you finish.
  • MommyofTwinies31
    MommyofTwinies31 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Jillian, give me anything with Chalene Johnson. I am currently doing Turbo Jam.

I agree Chalene Johnson Turbo Jam, TurboFire and Chalean Extreme
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    We mix up Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (around $10 at Target) with Zumba cardio and Zumba tone. Last night we did the 30DS with the 20 minute express Zumba. I have read a ton of people getting bored with Jillian Michaels so we decided to do it this way. When we are doing Zumba we have weights in our hands to help burn and tone more. I lost quite a bit of weight with Zumba alone, but I was not toning well!
  • charmedlife78
    Options
    I agree with everyone about chalene, i dont care too much for jillian but i do have a few of her dvds. I also like christi taylor dance fit dvd- she changes things up every 5 minutes so its always fun. Patrick Goudeau (sp?) Lean Hot Body, The Firm Get Chisel'd was one i used to enjoy and it comes with a 15 minute workout when you dont have time to do the other one. Ive got this one called Piloxing and its pilates and boxing combined but the instructors voice kinda gets to ya a bit! Kelly Coffee Meyer Step Boxing is soo fun. You do step exercise and boxing combined and the dvd comes with a variety of workout combinations. and then ofcourse I love Shaun T workouts too!
  • charmedlife78
    Options
    I meant to say this in my last post, i do apologize but you should go to www.collagevideo.com and preview some of the workouts. When im not doing a beachbody program, I am ordering from collage. I love how you can preview the workouts before you buy them and then you have 30 days to send it back if it wasnt for you. and www.beachbody.com! for all the fun workout programs they offer.
  • pixie_mills
    pixie_mills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the Jillian Michaels DVDs too - Amazon has a box set of 4 of hers for a pretty good price - one of my best buys in a long time!
  • Thanks everyone will get on Amazon and have a look.