New member in Northern CA

Options
QuakerMom
QuakerMom Posts: 56 Member
Hi--
I was looking for a free online calorie counter/food diary, and this one seems to have most of what I'm looking for.
I am 45, mom to a very active 1 yr old boy, and put on about 15 lbs over the past year and a half. It's not that much to lose, but many of my clothes don't fit, and it has been a big struggle to stick to my healthy eating habits. I'm hoping by joining this site and keeping a food diary I'll have more luck. I exercise pretty regularly (bike 5 miles to & from work 3-4 times a week, and go to the gym 1-2 times/week), but my energy level at times is very low. I think if I could lose this weight I would also improve my energy level. Other days I think if I just had more energy, I would be able to lose the weight!

Glad to be here,

-Rita

242179.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, this is a great site , I m mfp junkie
  • TexasLaneys
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great site. FYI I graduated from Wheatland UHS and went to collge at Yuba and San Jose State. But, have been in Texas since "81". Still miss that Nothern Cal weather in this Houston heat. :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: