Are you a Hard Core Logger or just use MFP as a great source

Options
Hey guys!!! Well, I was wondering how many of you out there are hard core loggers, meaning log EVERYTHING like a spray of oil, a cup of coffee, a stick of gum?

or....

How many of you out there log most everything and everymeal, and sometimes even guestimate calories in a meal if you don't know all ingredients or can calculate at the time? and maybe not log a spray of olive oil on a pan or an altoid or a coffe with a small teaspoon of cream?

Just curious.

I'm the second... I log most things. I try and stay at 1200.. a little below or a little over.

Replies

• rgoodman1979
    rgoodman1979 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm the second....I'm sure I'd be much more successful if I were a #1 kinda person though lol...
  • ladyamandajane
    Options
    Think Because I am around 5 weeks in I try and log everything, makes me feel better logging as its so easy to just forget if you have had the odd piece of chocolate or biscuit.

:smile: :smile: :smile:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I log just about everything. I make sure I have enough room at the end of the day to count things I don't log, like a quick spray of oil or an Altoid. Those little extras probably add up to about 20 calories a day, so I don't sweat it. Other than that, I log faithfully, have built up "My Recipes" in MFP to include everything I normally make, and do my best when eating out to find a comparable restaurant item in the database, since restaurant food is always fattier than a home cooked version. I err on the conservative side and it works for me.
  • happyjoyousfree1
    happyjoyousfree1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I log everything, except gum but of course it's sugarless! I think it really has been one of the main reasons of my success.
    I upped my calories 2 weeks ago because I've been so diligent with my tracking and have been losing steadilyand still lost 4 1/2 lbs in those 2 weeks.
    Logging combined with my exercise has helped me lose 24 lbs in 8 weeks and I'm thrilled with the results so far!

So I can't stress the importance of logging enough.
  • MILFaspirations
    MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    This is great to know what other people do!

I log mostly everything and find comparable items in the database too. I am really loving MFP!!!!
  • Cheryl943
    Options
    Hard Core wannabe. I try to list everything but miss some I'm sure.
  • claresusan
    claresusan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hardcore logger for me. Every morning I gaze into the fridge and store cupboard, log everything and then stick to the plan for the day!