Hi, I am new and am looking for new friends to do this with.

Options
I am 41 uears old and am looking to loose weight. I am a yo-yo dieter and am very tired of doing this. I need to do better. I know I can loose the weight but it really seems harder this time. I want to feel good about myself again. I am working hard at the gym and mostly watching what I eat but find weekends are HORRIBLE for me. Tend to eat to much then and I do like to have some beer on the weekend which is not helpful when trying to watch your diet. I am hoping to get some friends on this to help me and I can help them. Hope to talk to someone soon!
Mickie

Replies

• miasofiamann
    Options
    Welcome!
    Weightloss is a struggle so u need to educate yourself and find an exercise that u like.. But it's not impossible it can be done!!! Best wishes!
  • timaeus_drache
    timaeus_drache Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Cutting out drinking (or at least cutting down drinking) is one of the best things you can do. Let's say you polish off a six-pack on Friday and again on Saturday. If it's Bud Light -- a low-calorie beer -- that's 1540 calories right there. If you're drinking something like a porter, that can be 2200 calories! And of course, it just makes you more tired the next day and less likely to work out. Finally, when your liver is processing alcohol, it prioritizes metabolizing the alcohol over other nutrients. So it's less likely to get around to processing the fats, for example, which will then go to storage.