Jillian Michael's DVDs

Options
2»

Replies

• porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I'm another lover of 30 DS though I will say if you are not strong enough in the arms you may need to alternate arms or go with body weight for some of the arm / weight lifts but likely only at first.

It really works well for the 30 sec 'sets' and keeping your heart rate up.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others...30DS is great! Ripped in 30 is an awesome program too but probably a little tougher than the Shred. I love Jillian's DVD's! Besides these two I also do her No More Trouble Zones which is very heavy on strength training and lower on cardio (it is definitely helping my arms gain some needed strength). It is a 55 minute workout though including the warm up and cool down so you definitely get your exercise in. And another good one if you like cardio is Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. Another 55 minute one and pure cardio all the way through. It's crazy but effective. And she does two kickboxing circuits which I love!
    Still need to get my hands on NMTZ one of these days. And I love the kickboxing in BFBM too! Did you see that she has a new Kickboxing workout coming out next month? Can't wait!

As for Yoga Meltdown - it's a good workout for balance and strength. When I first got it I did it regularly, then started mixing other DVDs in, then stopped it for a long time. Now that I'm working out harder again (and added running with C25K program), I'm finding that the Yoga DVD is perfect for me on Saturdays - great stretching and some strength without any weights or even shoes. It was very hard for me at first, also my first experience with any time of Yoga, but I've gotten much better at it over time. I also find that Jillian uses some of the poses & moves in her other workouts, so I was glad to have had a bit of experience with them.
  • ShawtyLatina
    ShawtyLatina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    see below...
  • ShawtyLatina
    ShawtyLatina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have 30 Day Shred, 6 week 6 pack and Yoga Meltdown. I am finding 6 week 6 pack the most difficult. 30 Day Shred will help you get stronger, no doubt. And I am also enjoying Yoga Meltdown.

How is the Yoga one? I was reading reviews and it says it's mostly for like die hard yoga types. I'm just beginning and just ordered the biggest loser yoga one, but I've been tempted by hers. Is it too difficult for beginners?

I'm a regular yoga goer in the yoga studio but I'm not always able to go as often I as I would like. Since I loved JM's Ripped in 30, I picked up Yoga Meltdown. It's actually not for the yoga die hard. It's quite basic in terms of yoga poses. But what works is that Jillian takes the basic moves and turns them into fluid movement. That's where the calorie burn comes in for the meltdown part. So its yoga basic meets cardio. As a yogini, I'm used to static poses. So I did find the movement in the poses new for my body and gave me quite the workout. So it's not harder yoga, but it is a heart strengthening routine. The great part... I just kept pushing through it and now my regular yoga classes seem much easier. In fact, holding the static poses almost seems like a relaxing cool down. lol. I would def recommend it.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    cool, thanks! I'll definitely pick it up next time I see it
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'm definitely going to try 30DS and see how I get on from there!
  • rachelcschmidt
    Options
    The best part about JM dvd's is that they're only about 30 mintues! So even though she can be tough, I can push through anything if it's only 30 minutes =). And with 2 kids under 3, sometimes that's all I get to do in a day so I want it to count. I have 30DS and killer buns and thighs and they're both worth it. I like that there's multiple workout videos so I can't get bored. And if I'm sick of her yelling at me, I just turn on some fun music and get going!
  • melstephvan
    melstephvan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I own 30 Day Shred, Front Side & Back Side for beginners, and Cardio Kickbox - ALL of them are awesome! I def. recommend 30 Day shred~ I haven't been tracking long, but since joining MFP & keeping track I've lost 8 pounds in about 3 weeks!
  • Julesh964
    Julesh964 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've just purchased the Burn Fat Boost Metabolism DVD, will be my first day tomorrow will let you know how it goes....:flowerforyou:
  • applesauce610
    Options
    Is the 30 day shred (Phases 1-3) the same workout for each Phase (10 days)? I'm concerned that might be a bit boring to do the same exercise routine 10 days solid then switch to a new routine for 10 days. Any thoughts?