Beef and Broccoli

Options
mustang3
mustang3 Posts: 68 Member
I have been wanting Beef and Broccoli forever but refuse to go eat Chinese due to the high Sodium so I went on a recipe search. . . I ran into this recipe and it is GOOD and HEALTHY! I just made it for supper and I'm taking some for lunch tomorrow. It is a quick meal as well. From start to finish I believe it took me 30 minutes to make! For those of you who would like to try it here is the recipe. . . .

1 1/2 tablespoons of Corn Starch
1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
1/4 Teaspoon of Pepper
3/4 lb. of Beef Tips
3 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
10 oz. of Broccoli
3 Cloves of Garlic
3 tablespoons of Soy Sauce
1/3 cup of water

Add cornstarch, salt, pepper, and beef in a bowl and mix until all the meet is covered. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and fry beef until its cooked through. Put the meat off to the side in a bowl. Add the remaining oil to the pan (that was used to fry the meat) and add the broccoli and garlic until broccoli is cooked. Add soy sauce and water to pan and bring to oil. Return meat to the pan and cook until sauce is thickened.

4 Servings:
173 Calories
6 Carbs
11 Fat
13 Protein
551 Sodium
2 Sugar

I did not use the garlic because i am not a garlic fan but added just a little garlic powder to the pan. I also used Low Sodium Soy Sauce. I also placed this over some brown rice. Pretty tasty! You will have to play with it a bit to get the right taste for you. Enjoy!!

Replies