IM NEW AND WOULD LOVE SOME SUPPORT

Options
HI ALL IM 35 YR OLD FEMALE FROM READING PA..I HAVE BEEN OVERWEIGHT MY ENTIRE LIFE AND AM FINALLY READY TO FIGHT THIS BATTLE...MY HEALTH HAS GONE DOWN HILL HAVING DEVELOPED DIABETES AND HIGH CHOLESTEROL...IM READY AND DETERMINED SO ANYONE WILLING TO BE A FRIEND AND SUPPORTER PLEASE ADD ME....

Replies

• Tlively13
    Tlively13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is trisha and I am from Louisisana. I am a trainer here at the local anytime fitness. I would love to be help you out and give you online support you need to making yourself healthy. welcome. I am new too this website too! but I live the way I can track my calories and exercise.
  • Deegethealthy
    Options
    Hi, Im new here too,. I was just diagnosed as prediabetic not quite there yet but close enough i guess my fasting cholesterol was 122 cut off is 126 i guess i was just posting that i was looking to speak to people that are prediabetic or diabetic like 2 seconds ago. And this is only my like 3rd day since joining . lol
    Coincedence? lol Anyway i am 46 and look forward to a buddy here i can support as i was newly diagnosed myself. Maybe we can help each other? Friend me if ya like. :)
  • linwade
    Options
    Hi, I completely understand how you feel. I have been overweight since I was 22 years old. I am now 45 and I have been dieting for the past 6 years. I have had a lot of sucess with my diet because I have gone from 252 to 164. I did this by eating right most of time and working out. The hard part for me is the eating right. Some days are good and some are not so good. However, when I fall off the wagon I just dust myself off and get right back on. My husband has been a big help to me also. He works out with me and that makes it fun. Always remember you will have some good and bad days just don't let the bad days get you down. Just get right back on the wagon and you will see results. Try to stay away from fry food, sweets, soda, to many carbs and you'll do just fine. We are all in this thing together. .....I am pulling for you.
  • empc
    empc Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey! i live near Wilkes Barre! Glad to meet you! Friend me if you like. Good luck on your journey. Lots of support here.
  • twinsmom903
    Options
    I'm new too! Tlively, I go to Anytime Fitness in Kaufman, Texas. I've been "per se" MORBIDLY OBESE as my doctor would put it after I gave birth to my twins 13 years ago. The pounds just packed on... life stressors (divorce, single parent hood, child death, sibling death)... CRAZY! But you CAN do this!

I had my "AH HA" moment Jan 13, 2012 "THIS YEAR". So, with trial and error; I'm doing the very best that I can and that is what I'm doing... "ONE DAY AT A TIME".

Keep journaling, stay hydrated and keep posting and when you are having a bad day, log on and let us know....

Melissa
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been on the dieting roller-coaster my entire life and looking to make permanent changes this time. I'm also working to become healthier since I'm now a certified Zumba instructor and would love to be more comfortable at the end of my classes. I also want to become healthier as my mother passed away suddenly in 2010 due to diabetic complications at the age of 55. She also was at stage 3 kidney failure. She wanted me to become healthy so that my life doesn't go the way hers did, and I intend to make that happen. I've been on this site for about a month and lost 7 lbs, so it absolutely helps! Friend me if you'd like. :)
  • Tlively13
    Tlively13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    you have to stay focused on your goal and burn more than you take in that is basically the key. I am firm believer in clean eating. NO diet is gonna work and keep it off. you have to treat yourself from time to time.. you can get those cholesterols down and blood pressure down and make your self healthy. most people wanna just read you gotta be a doer and focus and work hard.
  • yvonneangelgoh
    yvonneangelgoh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am from Singapore. I am never a skinny girl to start with but the weight just pile on in the recent years after I past my 25th birthday.

I thought to myself that this really have to stop somewhere when I step on the scale on 8 Aug 2011 and it read 74.4kg. I had to restep on the scale another 3 times before I am convinced. I started my journey to watch what I eat on the very same day and it had been 7 months and counting and I haven't given up yet.

For this year, the birthday present that I really want to give to myself is to get down to 63.5kg once again. I was weighing about 61kg or less during collage days. There is another 4 weeks or so to go and I really really hope to give myself this birthday present that no amount of $$$ can buy.

I am open to accepting any new friends. Please add me and we can motivate each other to make this journey a success