Dumbbell/Cardio Workout Routine

Options
I am now back, and I'm maintaining my weight weight now, but I need to get back on track. Anyways I want to start out with just a dumbbell workout and a cardio. I would like to do 30mins of each, but I just don't know what to do when I get there. Can anyone help me out with setting up a routine? I can also google search the exercises to fully understand them,but I just need a routine set up so I have a plan when I go in there. Thanks!

Replies

• leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    kd, i don't do dumbell workouts but do you go to a gym, you may want to check with a trainer there. As far as cardio, what do you like to do?? I like to run, bike, and swim, that's why i like triathlon's it gives me crosstraining and I don't get bored.

I like the pic of your dogs on your ticker because it reminds me of my dogs, we have a large yellow lab and a black scottie terrier.
  • kdanderson05
    kdanderson05 Posts: 147
    Options
    Aww thanks! Morello(black) was about 20lbs there, and she is now around 50lbs....I was looking at it and I got sad because I miss her being that size. She was so fun as a puppy!
  • hydrocy
    hydrocy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For cardio, this workout is a great beginner program and a lot of fun. It's "Sweatin' to the Oldies" by Richard Simmons. I really like the music and it's low impact. And the link makes it free.

I know, I know, Richard Simmons. But this video will work you. The way to do it is to lift your knees if they are doing heels and stuff like that. It starts at beginner and you can modify it up to high impact.

http://www.contactmusic.com/videos.nsf/stream/richard-simmons-sweatin-to-the-oldies-volume-1
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Try The Firm 500 calorie burn. Walk Away The Pounds with water weights or 2 mile express walk has upper and lower body:drinker:
    I am now back, and I'm maintaining my weight weight now, but I need to get back on track. Anyways I want to start out with just a dumbbell workout and a cardio. I would like to do 30mins of each, but I just don't know what to do when I get there. Can anyone help me out with setting up a routine? I can also google search the exercises to fully understand them,but I just need a routine set up so I have a plan when I go in there. Thanks!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    You can do so much with dumbells

You can do curls for your biceps
    Tricep- extensions and kickbacks
    Arnold Press for shoulders
    Chest Flys
    You can even hold dumbells while you do iron mikes/lunges
    To work your hamstrings you can do stiff leg-dead lifts
    the options with dumbells is endless-