Central Florida anyone?

Options
og8403
og8403 Posts: 48 Member
Just curious how many Central Floridians are on the boards? And if any of y'all road bike?

Replies

• millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Rockledge here. But, I'm not a road biker, sorry. Glad to meet you!
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Road biker here but only in states that are bike friendly like oregon..... florida still scares me....
  • burg1801
    burg1801 Posts: 124
    Options
    I'm in Central Florida but no, I don't bike.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Orlando here. Also:

"All motorists hate runners, and all runners hate motorists; but everyone hates cyclists." :P
  • og8403
    Options
    Orlando here. Also:

"All motorists hate runners, and all runners hate motorists; but everyone hates cyclists." :P

Well I'm glad there are some Floridians in here. ^^now that is actually very funny.
  • LadyFluff
    Options
    I'm in Spring Hill... I dont bike but I have thought about it :)
  • og8403
    Options
    I'm in Spring Hill... I dont bike but I have thought about it :)

Don't know where Spring Hill is but I will after I post this. I love cycling even if the motorist and runners hate on us. I burn so many calories. I love doing events that help out whatever the cause maybe. So I'm killing two birds with one stone! My longest ride has been 50 miles. I wanna try for 100 miles this year, I was thinking clermont's horrible hundred. I've done 35 miles at te horrible hundred. You should give it a go, there are plenty of bike trails.
  • judynunes
    judynunes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in Kissimmee I love riding bike but not really a cyclist just do it for fun!!!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Im in FL, Jacksonville =) but i tend to run instead of bike!! cheers to any bikers tho!
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    In Orlando, but don't bike...
  • og8403
    Options
    I enjoy running, but i prefer to cycle just bcuz I lose more calories.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Me! I love it here :)
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    I bike on a bike trail but there's no way I'm going out on the road with all the traffic! no thanks!
  • og8403
    Options
    I bike on a bike trail but there's no way I'm going out on the road with all the traffic! no thanks!

LoL I'll ride the trails, the streets, but not the side walks! Your safer on the road then the side walks here in Florida. Unfortunately the drivers here in Florida don't know that they are suppose to give cyclist 3 ft.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options

LoL I'll ride the trails, the streets, but not the side walks! Your safer on the road then the side walks here in Florida. Unfortunately the drivers here in Florida don't know that they are suppose to give cyclist 3 ft.
    I'll see road cyclists out occasionally and you're right, they definitely don't get 3 feet! There's no way I'd do it. I just bike casually though, so I never have too far to go and there is a really good bike trail only about a 5 minutes ride from my house.
  • og8403
    Options
    I usually go on the Seminole wekiva trail I think it's called. But I have to ride on the street for about 8 miles to get to it. But it's a fun ride in total it's about a good 32 mile ride from my house to altamonte springs and back . But I haven't done that for some time now. Maybe sometime this week or next I'll do it a few times.
  • MoniSunZ
    MoniSunZ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    In Auburndale (about and hr from Orlando)
    Have a bike, but haven't started using it for fitness yet.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i live in slowwwwwwwwcala.
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options

Fo sho the truth!!!!!!! The sidewalks are crazy dangerous with people coming out of streets without stopping at traffic lights..yes I road bike....I hardly consider myself a "real" cyclist, but am logging or trying to log about 20-30 miles per week and hope to build that up. Its my cross training for running and I'm in Cocoa. Riverside is a great ride and/or run.