Pre-menopausal Canadian, looking for ANY friends 40+

Options
Hi, I'm a Canadian 44 yr old pre-menopausal woman from Ontario going through some of "those changes" :blushing for the past 6 months. Hot flashes, drenching night sweats, and weight gain around the mid abdomen! Need to loose about 60 pounds. Looking for friends to help keep me accountable and encourage each other.

Replies

• jyow01
    jyow01 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Please add me not there yet but will be glad to help encourage you.
  • Cate1898
    Cate1898 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I hear ya girl! Let's do this weight loss thing together!! Friend me!
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    You can friend me as well. I am right there with you....:flowerforyou:
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    45 and just approaching this... I'veever been to Canada (Upper Peninsula of MI is as far as I've been) but if your gonna let us all stay over we'll plan a trip to support you in person! lol
  • rascalcat8
    Options
    If weight gain around the abdomen was the only "symptom" then I've been pre-menopausal since I was 25!

Starting to experience those things, too, and I'll be 45 on Easter this year. So, friend me and we can encourage each other! Hang in there!
  • hunniedewbennett
    Options
    Hi Twoboysmom,
    I'll do walk with you if you walk with me. I'm getting married in a month an feeling quite bloated.
    I've been through menopause already, maybe can help you navigate this new "fun" time in life!
    :drinker: :sad:
  • HOWDY11
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Tamie (HOWDY11) and I to need to lose 40 lbs. I love to cook, and have a catering and cake business so needless to say I have a love afair with food. I have lost 35 lbs on my own and found this site about a month ago. My weight loss has been stalled for several months... but I have maintained well, and need to take it to the big finish now! I'm 50 and can feel your pain with the hot flashes and night sweats! Please feel free to friend me. I will be your cheerleader and you can be mine! Tamie
  • 57mars
    Options
    Hi, I'm Canadian also. i know how you feel I'm in my mid 50's and have been where you are now. Count me in for support and encouragement.
  • linacambos
    Options
    I would like to be your friend!!! I like to say nice things!! Add me!!
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cyndi from AZ, 52, 18 lbs down so far. Trying to make every calorie count by eating mostly high-nutrition foods.
    Friend me-Nasja1984
  • apaddock2
    apaddock2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think I fit right in with all of you...44 yrs old, yo-yo weight but finding it harder and harder to lose it and keep it off. Motivation is the hardest for me. I stared back with MFP last week and have been doing pretty well with my eating...just got to start exercising more. Send me a friend request any of you in need of support and can help motivate me too!
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hii there! I'm 44 and have two sons also. While I haven't started "The change" yet I'm sure it is only a matter of time. I gained weight when I hit 40 and am now committed to taking it off. Friend me.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    In my late 40's also. willing to be friends.
  • Luckyleslie
    Options
    I think I'm considered post menopausal because I haven't had a period in over a year....I'm 51 yrs old and menopause is the cruelest joke God ever did! I've been on hormones almost 2 yrs and lately I've been hot flashing again! I guess the doc will want to up the dosage when I see him in a couple of months. So I'd love to talk to someone else going through this b/c it's plain ol devastating!!! Friend me :smile:
  • Twoboysmom2
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to ADD friends? new to this and don't know the ins and outs of this site yet.
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi there Twoboysmom2! Welcome to the community! I would be happy to walk the walk with you. I am 50 and live in Arizona. I haven't had the full blown set up symptoms yet, just the occasional hot flash (who knows? I live in the desert!) but I know losing weight now will be easier than losing it later! Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • raedient61
    raedient61 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 50 and coming out the other side of where you are but I'm still there! I would love to be an encouragement to you. I have just restarted this journey myself. I have lost the same 50 pounds 3 times now and need to lose it a 4th and final time! Add me, I would love to be your friend.

Tammie:smile:
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    To add friends you can click on their icon/name and there will be a spot to send a friend request. If they have sent you a friend request it will show up on the heading on your home page (mine shows up pink). Then you just click on that and accept it - or not.
  • pjb113
    pjb113 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too! 42 and going through every symptom, it's exhausting, isn't it! But, eating better and working out IS working, so try to be consistent! would love to stay help keep you motivated!:smile:
  • camoangelkris
    Options
    I'm brand new to this...but am going to try my hardest to get rid of this extra weight. I had to have a complete done November 2010 and have gained, gained and gained. I need to lose like 35 pounds. I will try to help you if you help me. Please add me.