Michael Thurmond's 6 week body makeover?

Options
Johnnyswife
Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
Has anyone ever tried this? I have been wondering if it would be worth it to look into this. I loved the results he got on Extreme Makeover. All the people he worked with, got so lean and built, they almost didn't need plastic surgery after he was done with them.

Anyone try it? Love it? Hate it? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• CoachJimmy
    CoachJimmy Posts: 15
    Options
    I haven't heard of it. I saw my best results with P90X (80 pounds lost)-- love that I can do it at home-- and now I am a Coach helping others get started-and Coaching them thru the program.

It is a 3 month program-- but you will def see results with in the first 6 weeks!

Jimmy

jimmynelson@me.com
  • bizzybaileymom
    Options
    I agree P90X rocks killer workouts!:smile:
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I did it last year. I saw a little success but I tweaked the plan to fit me as I'm spoiled and I didn't want to go without carbs. The body type I am was limited to very few carbs. I also didn't warm to the exercises too much. In essence I just didn't commit myself to it like I could have. My fiancee bought it for me because he knew I was struggling and he thought it would help me with discipline (he just surprised me with it). His heart was in the right place but because I didn't pay for it (I believe it's a lot!), and because I wasn't really ready for it, I didn't make it work. I get more out of this site because I can track what I eat. I feel more in control. On the 6 WBM I couldn't really track calories so it drove me nuts.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is probably any plan that involves diet and exercise will work if one wants it to bad enough.

Good Luck!
  • laura11248
    laura11248 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have it and was very successful while I stuck with it. It is basically a high protein diet with excercise. The minute I went off and started to add carbs...I gained it all back and then some! I have to say the good old calorie counting is the ticket for me!
  • robbiestarr
    robbiestarr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did the plan for about 3 months and it really does work. I stopped doing the plan only because of the amount of time I spent in the kitchen. It was very time consuming, but the results...If done right... are amazing! I lost crazy amounts of weight very quickly. If I had to complain about any other aspect of the plan, it was that you have to cut out salt almost completely. I am big on salt and that made it difficult for me as well.

I agree with Laura11248, if I had to pick a plan that works for me, it is calorie counting and exercise more.

Good luck!
  • licia67
    licia67 Posts: 109
    Options
    I hated every minute of it! I did lose weight, but I still looked and felt fat. As soon as the 6 weeks were up I fell back into old habits and when I attempted to try it again I couldn't do it.

I now do P90X, I weigh more than I did when I completed MT6BM but I am also half the size also!

If you are gonna commit to a program I suggest finding one of the Beachbody programs that interests you the most and getting it and following it as laid out.