Livefit 12 week program by Jamie Eason

Options
Hey, is anyone else doing the livefit 12 week program? I'm looking for friends who are doing the same thing, tomorrow will be day 1 for me. Can't wait to get started! If you are doing the program, any tips on keeping motivated and sticking with it? Do you use whey protein? And if so what brand? Thanks!

-Maddie-

Here is the link if your wondering what I'm talking about......

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-phase-1.html

Replies

• maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Fail......nobody know what program I'm talking about. lol. *sigh*
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i know what youre talking about :) im just doing a different program by her.
    im not sure teh exact differences but i know for staying motivated i use the fact that i spent $$ on my barbell/dumbbell/weight bench set and i dont want that money to go to waste lol its actually fun for me to see how much stronger im getting each week.
    as far as whey protein goes, i picked up a bag of cytosport vanilla at costco. its not too bad - i dont like it much with plain water, but when i mix it with other stuff + water its better. sometimes ill also mix it with milk if i need the extra calories.
  • maddmaddie
    Options
    Awesome! I'm glad to hear someone is doing something similar. Is the different program also for 12 weeks? I will probably use the protein powder mostly in Jamie Eason's recipes, or if I'm lacking time to prep meals. I want to try her carrot cake protein bars, they sound pretty good. I had two people tell me the optimium performance whey brand tastes pretty good. So I might have to try that. I hope I can find something that tastes okay, especially if I have to drink the stuff for 12 weeks. haha.

Good luck with your goals!

-Maddie-
  • brencamille
    brencamille Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 11 of Jamie's program. It works, I have more muscle definition than I have ever had. The first four weeks are difficult to get used to because you are muscle building and you eat all the time, something I'm not good at but it gets easier as you go. When I finish I plan to start over and follow the clean diet more and stick to the no cardio as the plan calls for in the first four weeks.
  • rockerbabyy
    Options
    Awesome! I'm glad to hear someone is doing something similar. Is the different program also for 12 weeks? I will probably use the protein powder mostly in Jamie Eason's recipes, or if I'm lacking time to prep meals. I want to try her carrot cake protein bars, they sound pretty good. I had two people tell me the optimium performance whey brand tastes pretty good. So I might have to try that. I hope I can find something that tastes okay, especially if I have to drink the stuff for 12 weeks. haha.

Good luck with your goals!

-Maddie-
    yep, mines for twelve weeks too. ive been thinking about trying some protein powder recipes, since ive mostly just been drinking it. theres a recipe on here for ice cream - its just protein powder and almond milk!
    thanks and good luck to you too!
  • maddmaddie
    Options
    Wow, you're on week 11???? That is awesome! I just hope I can make it that far, I sure hope I won't break and not complete the program. That's my biggest concern. Are you using any whey protein shakes? If so, what brand are you using?
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 11 of Jamie's program. It works, I have more muscle definition than I have ever had. The first four weeks are difficult to get used to because you are muscle building and you eat all the time, something I'm not good at but it gets easier as you go. When I finish I plan to start over and follow the clean diet more and stick to the no cardio as the plan calls for in the first four weeks.

This is exciting to hear!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Is anyone still doing this program? If so, any results? How do you feel? I want to start it but afraid to go to the gym by myself and use the machines it calls for. I know, I'm a wuss. Anyone for encouragement?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I signed up for it, but broke my ankle when I was going to start, and couldn't do it. Now that my ankle is almost better and the spring racing season is here, I don't want to give up my cardio to follow the plan.
  • rockerbabyy
    Options
    ive lost almost 26 inches since jan first, and about 10 pounds (as of march 1st, wont weigh again til april)
    i feel a lot stronger, but i still need to work on my pushups